Judas Priest to make "concept" album..

I think the concept idea is brilliant,and I think that this Judas Priest album is going to be thier "best album" of all time.It is tottaly 100% a JP idea to the fullest,I can't see it turning out to be anything but thier best album.

J.D. DIAMOND said:
I think the concept idea is brilliant,and I think that this Judas Priest album is going to be thier "best album" of all time.It is tottaly 100% a JP idea to the fullest,I can't see it turning out to be anything but thier best album.

Im proud to be able to compare Angel of Retribution to the rest of Priests work and say to myself yeah it is one of the best albums they have ever done..And with that said, i agree whole heartedly with what you just said J.D. !!!

VALANX!!!! I agree,Angel Of Retribution is kick ass!! Probly JP's 4th best album in thier 15 studio album career!!! Only Sad Wings,British Steel and Painkiller could top it maybe,but yes it is absolutely awsome!!

I really think this concept idea about Nastradamus is 100% Judas Priest!!!!
It is excellent!!!!

A very "disappointing" reception at Judas Priest's official website from thier so-called "fans" on the new concept idea about Nastradamus,and thier idea to theatrically preform the album live in it's entirety as an epic musical by Judas Priest!! This has Judas Priest written all over it! I've ALWAYS thought they should have done a concept album,perfect for them,who are these lame fans anyways?

I don't think that concept album is a bad idea, but about Nostradamus... but I just hope they'll surprise us all.

Anyway, who are these fans that don't like this idea? Do you want me to name a few, JD? :rolleyes: Njah, seriously... each to his liking. Priest has a lot of different kind of fans... Some of them only like the hard staff (defenders, perhaps sfv, painkiller, some of the songs from ria, aor...), and some of the fans only like Priest's stuff from 75-79/80. We just have to accept it.

I hope they'll continue with the same sound than in AOR.

J.D. DIAMOND said:
VALANX!!!! I agree,Angel Of Retribution is kick ass!! Probly JP's 4th best album in thier 15 studio album career!!! Only Sad Wings,British Steel and Painkiller could top it maybe,but yes it is absolutely awsome!!

Absolutely spot on! Angel is definately up there with Sad Wings, British Steel and Painkiller and will be remembered in years to come just like those metal classics are today!..... Nostradamus predicts it !!!!

I steer well clear of the Judas Priest boards and those so called 'fans' its a shame the Priest boards are not more like this forum!

x4402x.jpg

VALANX.......yeah without a doubt Angel Of Retribution is right up there with Sad Wing,British Steel and Painkiller.....9 total classic Judas Priest tracks exclusively....and the theres #10. "Loch Ness"!!!! LOL!!! Not "bad" but if this would of been replaced by another metal masterpiece such as a track like Judas Rising or Demonizer this album would be even better.I think that this next album,this concept album is going to be the best Judas Priest album of all time in thier 32 year career!!

J.D. DIAMOND said:
VALANX.......yeah without a doubt Angel Of Retribution is right up there with Sad Wing,British Steel and Painkiller.....9 total classic Judas Priest tracks exclusively....and the theres #10. "Loch Ness"!!!! LOL!!! Not "bad" but if this would of been replaced by another metal masterpiece such as a track like Judas Rising or Demonizer this album would be even better.I think that this next album,this concept album is going to be the best Judas Priest album of all time in thier 32 year career!!

Well, I have to disagree with you JD. Lochness is one of the best tracks in the album. It's heavy, it's dark and it's something different. But it's also a ballad-like song, gotta have some of those in the album too! The solo is furious, slow but furious. Very heavy solo I would say.
The thing I like in Priest though, is that they have so many albums that are all so different so that's why I'm also very eager to hear this new CD. Hope it's something different, though I wouldn't mind if it's close to AOR...

Those are really excellent pictures JD !!!

I have to admit im with Redman when it comes to Lochness, i knew when i first heard the song that it was a truely meaningfull composition, the type of thing that does not hit you right away but reveals its subtle brilliance over time.

Alot of people i know who said they hated the song at first now realise what a great song lies in the dark depths of Lochness!!

The are some exciting and unusual elements to the Priests music in this song that im certain will be explored more thoroughly on the next album!