JUDAS PRIEST / WHITESNAKE UNIVERSAL, L.A., CA. 8/2/09

kittybeast

Apr 20, 2004
Always Somewhere!
aecac85c.jpg

What an amazing show!!! Don't miss this tour if you can help it!

I got out of work an hour and 1/2 early and headed over to Pabla's house to meet up with her and Marvina. The leather was donned on and accessorised and WOW I will toot our own horns and say, we looked smokin' hott! Pictures are posted on myspace if you like to see them.

We got to the venue about 6:45 and headed into the backstage entrance. Great evening in so. cal we saw some old friends, made some new ones which is always enjoyable. John "The Baron" and his lovely lady friend were the first people we saw. We hadn't seen him and Adrian Galysh, Roy Z and DJ Will since Uli Jon Roth shows. For those of you that saw the fantastic display of multicolored toms by DW at the 2008 Namm show, I did meet the guy, who's name escapes me, responsible for that, we were just chatting and I told him about this great display I saw and he's like "That was me!" We had a good laugh over that. Other peeps we saw Rob Zombie, Fred Coury (Cinderella drummer) thanks for taking a picture of us Fred! Ralph Rieckermann who will now be known as , panocha HAHAHAHAHA! Gregg from Rockline and Adam a friend of Pabla's who is the Guitar hero you all play. He does the facial and body movements for the game. We went inside to check out the merch quickly before Whitesnake takes the stage, handed out some Primal Fear flyers to a few fans. If you like Priest you'd like PF www.primalfear.de check them out.

VIP tickets and passes thanks to the ever wonderful Mr. T. Sky box vip, never been in there but what a view! Comp bar and snacks and the greatest feature... a private restroom! LOL We missed Pop Evil's set so I hope to catch some of their tunes Wed. in Costa Mesa. Whitesnake took the stage in a flash and we were up and rockin! Singing along and playing our air guitars,leaning on each other and during the slow jams of course swaying to the music with me and my girls! The guys looked great, sound was good, drums could've been turned up a bit more but overall very exciting and fun! OMGosh when Doug took off his shirt I swear everyone could hear me howling throughout the entire arena!!! LOL
whitesnake set list
1. Bad Boys
2. Fool For Your Lovin'
3. Love Ain't No Stranger
4. Slow An' Easy
5. Lay Down Your Love
*Guitar spotlight with Reb Beach and Doug Aldrich trading off solos*
6. Cryin' In The Rain (with extended Drum solo in the middle)
7. Is This Love
8. Give Me All Your Love
9. Here I Go Again
10. Still Of The Night

Outside at intermission, met some more great people, snapped some more pictures, though by this time I think the wine is starting to hit me and whoo hoo I'm feeling goooooood! T comes up and says "We saw you ladies rockin' out from the stage." That made us laugh. We took a picture with him and then Mark came out quickly since he's working and made sure we'd come back outside after Priest. I grabbed a new black with Pink Foil girly Tank top British Steel logo from Priest, sadly I didn't like the Whitesnake girly but would totally love to have Marks shirt made into a girly a much more metal logo for us serious metal chicks!!

We go inside for Priest and as we are walking up the ramp by the loge area we saw some open seats so we just jumped on in. Side stage view but we wanted to be a bit closer for Priest. A freakin' amazing show! We could've moved to another area and seats but once they kicked into Metal Gods we planted. Such a cool thing to hear British Steel complete it went over very well with the damn near sold out venue!
PRIEST SET LIST
1. Rapid Fire
2. Metal Gods
3. Breaking The Law
4. Grinder
5. United
6. You Don't Have To Be Old To Be Wise
7. Living After Midnight
8. The Rage
9. Steeler
10. The Ripper
11. Prophecy
12. Hell Patrol
13. Victim Of Changes

Encore:

14. Freewheel Burning
15. Diamonds And Rust
16. You've Got Another Thing Comin'

In total amazement at this point! Back outside Mark comes up and asks who's going to Costa Mesa. I am! Then he asks Pabla and Marvina why they aren't going and both are like "NOW I want to go again!!" We make some arrangements to meet in CM, who's calling who and who is emailing who. We were having such a blast talking and meeting new people before you knew it you looked around and there is like 10 of us left. A quick photo of us all then it's time to head out. Ahhh another ending to yet another GREAT NIGHT OF ROCK N ROLL!!! THANK YOU WHITESNAKE AND JUDAS PRIEST!!!!:headbang: going again today!!!!:Smokin:

Wow Glad you had a blast Kitty, last night here in San Diego Coverdale had a really bad night, and as much as i love Whitesnake IMO opinion they wasted like 15 min with those solos, the sound guy had a nightmare of a show, he saved the last 2 songs.
As for Priest, i can't even find words to describe, Halford was ON!!! and the band hadn's sounded this good live since the Painkiller tour!!! just incredible!!!!
They stopped selling beer when Priest took the stage!!!

Might go up north to see the Priest again tonite!!!

last night here in San Diego Coverdale had a really bad night

Unfortunately since 2 or 3 years ago Coverdale has always a bad night. Whitesnake (until "Slide it in", of course) is one of my favourite bands. That´s why I think they should quit :cry:.

Anyway, veri passionate review. Last Judas gig in Madrid (march 2009) was OK but Halford, in the end, got serious problems.

I watched some clips in youtube and he sounds far better with the new set list. IMO they had to drop some songs like "You´ve got another thing comin´" but recovering "Freewheel burning", "Diamonds and rust" and the "unlistened" "British steel" songs is overwhelming.

Looking forward for seeing them in Europe :headbang:

That's an awesome set list Kitty! Sad I missed it this year but the timing was really bad when they hit my neck of the woods.

Hell patrol, the Rage, Freewheel... god damn!

And that Whitesnake set list is awesome too! :)

True true.. but it's nice to have the option if you want to have one... I usually drink before the show but sometimes during the show it wears off so I don't mind buying 1 or 2 more...

Last big show I went to, beers were $12 each. I'll settle for beers after the show at those prices.

At those prices in here you'll have an armed revolution. God knows that even with AH1N1, you can close anything but bars, pubs or alike :lol:, so don't mess with beer prices.

Went again last night. Coverdale surely cannot do back to back shows. He was very strained and screechy last night. Priest.... friggin' awesome, Rob sounded great all night!

Got into the M&G with Whitesnake though Reb and Coverdale weren't there but got Tim, Doug and Uriah to sign my cd liner notes and Doug signed a picture of us from Uli Jon Roth show. Chatted with Simon Wright a bit, guess we'll see him at Heaven and Hell. The guitarist from Korn was in our box seat area. Was another great night!! Off day today and then they play AZ Thursday. I asked Mark (Whitesnake crew) why they weren't playing one of the NM dates, he had no answer other than, " Cool I get another day off!" LOL

We met some really cool people these last few shows and I look forward to seeing some of them next week at Heaven and Hell / Coheed and Cambria. Still pushing metal fans to check out Progpower.....THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!!!!

So true about CR :lol: but they do ban drinking during elections there... :erk:

Not anymore. At least the ban for Holy Week (Good Friday) and Virgin's day (Romeria) have been lifted. I believe the same goes for the new elections in 2010.