JUDAS PRIEST

Korwent

Dec 19, 2012
France
I know quite a few people were hoping for Judas Priest and Andy Sneap to work together, well it seems like it's happening!
upload_2017-3-14_14-10-0.png

Last edited:
Reactions: grand rec
Code:
I have never listened to a Judas Priest album, despite knowing the name and "Painkiller", and probably some other covers by other bands (hey, I discovered Maiden with "A Call to Iron" like 18 years ago, on which Opeth played a cover that was my first time listening to them (Opeth)). I thought I was gonna get a real Iron Maiden album back then, and I was starting guitar. We didn't have the net back then lol... We ordered from Columbia House. I love The Trooper, both Vital Remains' and Iron Maiden's version. Same for Painkiller; Death's is the one I know the most. And I listened to a lot of metal styles, I don't know why haven't listened to a Judas Priest album yet... Should I dare ? Am I ready ? •.○?? I mean, I remember saying that I'd like to get an album of them, and the idea stood... still lol. I realize that I've always wanted a Judas Priest's album for the last 20 years but never did... Suggestions ? I don't know if I'm the only one, but I listen to some stuff I used to listen to, I come back to my roots, not "the metalhead's creed" but I remember that I wanted to get a Judas Priest album from the Columbia House catalogue when I was a kid - Sorry for this segment of my musical noobness lol I'm heading to YouTube

Last edited:
Code:
I have never listened to a Judas Priest album, despite knowing the name and "Painkiller", and probably some other covers by other bands (hey, I discovered Maiden with "A Call to Iron" like 18 years ago, on which Opeth played a cover that was my first time listening to them (Opeth)). I thought I was gonna get a real Iron Maiden album back then, and I was starting guitar. We didn't have the net back then lol... We ordered from Columbia House. I love The Trooper, both Vital Remains' and Iron Maiden's version. Same for Painkiller; Death's is the one I know the most. And I listened to a lot of metal styles, I don't know why haven't listened to a Judas Priest album yet... Should I dare ? Am I ready ? •.○?? I mean, I remember saying that I'd like to get an album of them, and the idea stood... still lol. I realize that I've always wanted a Judas Priest's album for the last 20 years but never did... Suggestions ? I don't know if I'm the only one, but I listen to some stuff I used to listen to, I come back to my roots, not "the metalhead's creed" but I remember that I wanted to get a Judas Priest album from the Columbia House catalogue when I was a kid - Sorry for this segment of my musical noobness lol I'm heading to YouTube
Pick up "Painkiller", "British Steel", "Screaming for Vengeance", and "Defenders of the Faith". People will also tell you to check out their 70's output. It's great as well, but I generally prefer their 80's albums.

Reactions: Korwent
I'm just hoping Rob's not hyping it up too much. Too often bands hit the promo cycle and hype up something that the album fails to be and Rob's been dropping interviews nearly every week telling us how good the album will be.

Can’t believe they are still churning out such heavy stuff still . Since Pain Killer they have had the pedal to the metal . Will be on deck while plowing snow that’s for sure

New single sounds good. Looking forward to the album, it might actually go against the trend of musos telling us their new album is the best ever then failing to deliver us something good.

Just heard Dave Holland died at 69 years old. Of course all know of his molestation charges. No cause of death revealed.

Just heard about Glenn's parkinson disease and apparently Andy filling in for him on tour. I knew something was up with Glenn so it's not an absolute shock. Great opportunity for Andy though.