JUDAS PRIEST's ROB HALFORD To Guest On WJCU's 'Metal On Metal'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
JUDAS PRIEST vocalist Rob Halford will guest live on WJCU's "Metal On Metal" radio program tonight (Friday, August 8) at 6:30 p.m. EST. Halford will discuss the band's latest "Redeemer Of Souls" album, upcoming tour and answer questions from listeners. "Metal On Metal", hosted by Bill Peters, can be heard live at 88.7 FM in the Cleveland, Ohio area or streamed worldwide via the Internet at www.wjcu.org."I've had Rob on the show a couple of times over the years", says Peters. "He has always been a popular guest with my listeners. He's really a very down-to-earth person to chat with. There is nothing pretentious about him. It's like sitting on the porch chatting with your next door neighbor. I like the fact he will answer literally any question you ask. He's never been one to dodge or shrug off a response and has always been very forthright. He connects well with my listeners. "JUDAS PRIEST and Cleveland have a long history together. The working-class-environment similarities between Cleveland and the band’s original hometown of Birmingham, England must have something to do with it. "This was one of the first U.S. cities they had success in back in the late '70s, even headlining a show that was recorded for WMMS at the Cleveland Agora on the 'Stained Class' tour in 1978. They had mostly been a support band when touring in the U.S. during that time. "I spoke with Rob in June before 'Redeemer Of Souls' was released. His positive energy and enthusiasm for the album was contagious. It really got me fired up before I had even heard all the songs. "The band has been out in full force working hard promoting this record. It's something they are all obviously very proud of."JUDAS PRIEST's 17th studio album, "Redeemer Of Souls", sold around 32,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 6 on The Billboard 200 chart."Funny thing when I spoke to Rob last", adds Peters. "England happened to be playing Uruguay in an important World Cup match when he called. I figured since he was an Englishman, he must be intensely watching the game, like all my other U.K. friends were doing at the time. When I asked if he was watching, he said he did not follow soccer too much these days. He went on to say that since living in America, basketball had become his favorite sport. He's a diehard fan of the NBA champion San Antonio Spurs. Tim Duncan is his favorite player. Rob had just received an official Tim Duncan NBA jersey, which he was incredibly excited about. "I was surprised on how well-versed and knowledgeable he is on the sport. Seriously, the guy knows and understands the game as good if not better than many of the so-called experts. He would make for an excellent ESPN NBA analyst someday. Charles Barkley, eat your heart out! "I'll have to make sure to ask him what he thinks of the Cleveland Cavaliers tonight. It looks like we could be a playoff contender this season with our latest roster moves."

More...