July to be the next single!

cliffburton615

Irish Pisshead
Dec 8, 2004
Dùn Na nGall,Eireann.
Found this on www.bravewords.com

In a recent chat with BW&BK, KATATONIA frontman Jonas Renkse revealed that 'July' will be the third single from the band's latest record, The Great Cold Distance.

"'July' will be the next single, the third single," Renkse said. "I think it will be out in January some time. It was an interesting song to write because I had a couple of ideas and Anders (Nystrom, guitars) had a couple of ideas and on this particular song we had the opportunity to put our ideas together. If we hadn't of done that, he or I would have written the spine of the song, but on 'July' our ideas came into direct contact. I thought it turned out really well."

Reactions: Swany
Another single? :erk:
Hmm, I mean, it's great, but uhh why three singles.
And I thought they said all the b-sides were put on the vinyl?
Ah well we'll see.

july will be a great single but if they expect me to buy it then they better damn well have some more b-sides

Ofcourse there'll be some b-sides. Can't release a singel with only ONE song. Mabe they even had some new ideas that their gonna record/have recorded. Or mabe some unreleased livestuff. Looking foward to this!

BlueSky said:
no live stuff hopefuly.

i second that...

and yeah.... fucking GREAT to have July as a new single .. damn strong TGCD song.. maybe my favourite in the moment.

i'll be hoping hard for at least one new piece there .. we'll probably get some more re-mixes.. but since i've liked my twin and in the white remixes a lot, i'll not complain about that.

daimonion said:
Ofcourse there'll be some b-sides. Can't release a singel with only ONE song. Mabe they even had some new ideas that their gonna record/have recorded. Or mabe some unreleased livestuff. Looking foward to this!

Yeah, but there are singles with the same song in 5 different versions... :erk:

But i think to add live songs would be a great thing.

No live songs please, what does it add? Or maybe a live version of "Murder"..

Maybe they'll record some cover(s) or something, that'll be cool. Or another one of those 'dubs', they were cool I thought, especially the "My Twin" one.