JUPITER (a.k.a. Versailles gets a new singer)

sh0kr0k

Jul 7, 2002
St. Paul, MN
www.myspace.com
So, remember Versailles, that one Japanese visual kei band with the elaborate Victorian costumes, symphonic metal, and shredding guitarist dude who looks like a chick? Also remember how many of you said, "I really dig the instrumental parts, but the singer just ruins it for me?" YOU'RE GONNA LIKE THIS!

I present to you: JUPITER

Versailles disbanded, and all the instrumentalists formed a new band with a new singer. So basically, Versailles got a new vocalist, and they're all called JUPITER now.

Here's a "ballad" from their debut album that just came out.

Wanna give the new singer a quick shot before listening to the whole song? Jump to 3:30 and watch for 1 minute.

Enjoy :devil:

2:05 this song just shreds!

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like I'm watching a Final Fantasy video or something lol. New singers good, though I didn't mind the old one...though I'd imagine this one blends nicely with the music better.

Thanks for reminding me about Visual Kei - i haven't listened to those kind of bands in ages with them not being on spotify and all.

I feel like I'm watching a Final Fantasy video or something lol. New singers good, though I didn't mind the old one...though I'd imagine this one blends nicely with the music better.

Thanks for reminding me about Visual Kei - i haven't listened to those kind of bands in ages with them not being on spotify and all.

Yeah.. At some points, you think you're looking at a cut scene from a game.

I love this album... Now if only X Japan would release their new album before it reaches Chinese Democracy status!

Thanks for the post Tammy.
Happy to spread the word.

Nice. Now they need to pull a Dreamscape and re-record the old albums. This is no longer a "visual" only band.
That would be quite outstanding! The old singer, Kamijo, was responsible for the most of the neo-classical symphonic elements in the writing of the previous material, so I hope that doesn't go away all-together now.

Re: Dreamscape - I do love Hubi Meisel, though! Sure wish he didn't disappear off the grid.

You're welcome! Yeah, that's a shame that none of them are on Spotify. Ironic, considering their much more lenient copyright laws.

Now if only X Japan would release their new album before it reaches Chinese Democracy status!
Inorite :Smug: