Just a day like this but in 2001...

ishkur

Bloody android from Hell
Apr 15, 2004
Chuck Schuldiner left us and went to heaven...sort of :p
I always remember this day and it makes me sad because he was a very good guitar player and he was an awesome human being.

Hail to you Charles "evil Chuck" Schuldiner!!! keep rocking in heaven you metalhead!! \m/

I cant believe how fast the years go....its 5 years since his death. And we'll keep on honoring him because of his music.
:) thanks for your awesome music and lyrics Chuck!!

john lennon....december 11 isnt it?...but i dont know how many years ...and i dont really liked beatles that much..but yea poor man and he was a genius too...RIP

and before anyone asks for it.. :p dimebag ...(2 years?) december the 8th.. he was a good guitar player too... RIP

Well I cretaed a "Death" thread concernig all the people that have passed on, so please link them Rhavin.

But yeah, crap, RIP Chuck Schindler :headbang: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :headbang: .

haha thanks rahvin :)

now i remember that post yeh..i read this a while ago :p

Somehow I missed all this Death hype... well, he DID have a second chance.

Dimebag, Lennon - they didn't.

Whoever he was - R.I.P.

What second chance?
You missed the hype while listening to all the mainstream shit, I'd wager.

About second chance according to Wikipedia:

"In October 1999, Schuldiner’s family announced that the tumor had necrotized and that he was on the way to recovery. In January 2000, Schuldiner underwent surgery to remove what remained of his tumor. The operation was a success, however, the Schuldiner family was struggling financially. The total costs of the operations would come to $70,000, a price the Schuldiner family could not afford. Many fundraisers, auctions, and benefit concerts took place to help cover the costs. The money began to come in as the metal community, in total shock, realized that Schuldiner's life was in danger. The metal community and the Schuldiner family showed deep concern because Schuldiner could lose his life due to lack of funds. The doctors that removed his tumor called the original diagnosis of pontine glioma a misdiagnosis.

Schuldiner continued to work on his music, continuing his work with Control Denied. About two years after his original diagnosis, in May 2001, the cancer returned and Schuldiner fell ill again. He was originally denied surgery (which he needed immediately) due to lack of funds. A press release called for support from everyone, including fellow artists. Jane Schuldiner urged all who read the statements about Schuldiner and his illness to go out and get insurance, showing her frustration in the American system. Schuldiner received a chemotherapy drug called vincristine to help with his therapy. Like most drugs used in the treatment of cancer, the side effects were harsh and weakened Chuck greatly. Undaunted, Schuldiner fought on. In late October/early November, Schuldiner became ill with pneumonia. He died on December 13, 2001, at approximately 4 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. "

Chuck Schuldiner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, devoted fans couldn't help help financially after all, they chose to cry over his dead body, I guess.