Just a few questions

Zekk

New Metal Member
Mar 25, 2013
Hello M. Steve Dirgiorgio, first of all I love your bass technique and sound, for me you're the ultimate bassist of the world (and Cliff too, but is another register).
I have a few questions, if I may ask, just let me know if it is too secret or personal :)
I have 15 years of bass behind me, and i'm forming a technical death band in France, and bought my first fretless (never too late... :) )

Could you please tell me, what tuning do you use in the first albums of Sadus (Illusions, Swallowed...), and if you have some effect units?

Thanks a lot :worship:

Salut!
The tunings for those Sadus albums are called 'standard' tuning...EADG for 4 string bass.
For effects, I don't think I had any. Sometimes I used chorus pedal set to thick. "soupy" settings. But I don't think that was so prominent until Vision of Misery. That 3rd album was in the same standard tuning. It was on Elements and also on Out for Blood that we tuned down a half-step. D#G#C#F#B for 5 string bass. Or some call it Eb tuning.
On those last 2 Sadus album I used much more effects. Chorus, Flanger, Octoplus, Envelope Filter, Overdrive and Delay.
In these days I have added even more effects, but the main thing is to be creative with the touch before it becomes digital.
Good luck in all that you do. Please post some of your music here, so we can hear your bass work. And always spread the news of all bassbros.
Merci,
SDG

Thank you ! I'am also according in GDAEB :) I thought of adding an octaver to my effects and a little chorus for some parts. I'm actually training with certain death, undead, etc with the ear, can't find tabs to help :) Maybe I'll post something in Youtube one day :)
Thanks a lot for the answer ! I hope to see you soon in concerts !
Romuald