Just Became a Fan

Madkill

Baseball Geek/Metal Freak
Jun 25, 2001
Alexandria, VA
Visit site
Listening right now to "Live at the Edge of Forever" and I'm blown away. The musicianship is amazing and Russell's voice is so powerful.

I love the fact that they play ProgMetal with no apologies and no concern about trends, they're about the music.

I became interested in them when I learned they'll be opening for one of my favorite bands, Blind Guardian, and I'm very glad I discovered them.

I'll be at the November 22 show in VA and right at the front row experiencing what I'm listening to right now ... can't ask for more.

Thanks for reading my babbling
:D

Hello and welcome to the wonderful world of Symphony X. If you like what you hear now, just wait til you see them live. I've had the extreme pleasure of seeing seven Symphony X gigs, and I'm seriously starting to think that the phrase "off-night" is simply not in their vocabulary. :)

~Christina

OhBoy..you're going to see them live? You are going to be blown away when you see the most incredible band on the planet Earth. Yes, buy the studio CDs, right away!!! And welcome to the forum. Have you ever seen BG live? I'm curious and looking forward to it, because I haven't seen them. Symphony X...I did last year and haven't been the same ever since.
P.S. To Stardust2112....7 times?? You lucky, you are!!

Welcome to the Symphony X board.

Great, you like the band! Yes, go get the studio albums ASAP and enjoy the concert.

I have seen SX live once so far, but I'm planning on attending - at least - three shows next year over here in Europe.

Originally posted by Pharoah
OhBoy..you're going to see them live? You are going to be blown away when you see the most incredible band on the planet Earth. Yes, buy the studio CDs, right away!!! And welcome to the forum. Have you ever seen BG live? I'm curious and looking forward to it, because I haven't seen them. Symphony X...I did last year and haven't been the same ever since.
P.S. To Stardust2112....7 times?? You lucky, you are!!
I haven't seen Blind Guardian live, I live in the States and this will be thrir first tour over here. But I'm really looking forward to this show.

I'd like to thanks all of you for your welcome to the site, I;m sure I'll enjoy posting here.

Later ...