Just finished this: Rise Records-Core, caution V-necks and breakdowns inside.

tempe

Captain Midnight
Sep 22, 2005
Perth, Australia
Just finished this one off today, I've got a few things in mind that I want change but would just like a little bit of perspective.

I used SSD4 for the first time on this job and I cannon speak highly enough about how much of an improvement it is, having a "overhead" track that also involves the overhead samples of your close mics is just amazing.

Anyway!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39073940/Song 1 Mix 1.mp3

Seriously, I love the title of this tread. Almost made my day. Anyways, cool sounding mix, yea, a few tiny things I would have changed slightly, but hey, really good mix anyways.

Yeah I agree man unfortunately the guy just sucked screaming, you DO NOT want to hear it without all that distortion. Bit of a lame trade off really. There's way to much 4k in the screams from all the distortion but if I notch it out it just sounds horrid.

Nothing like a good ole' problem at microphone.

Yeah I agree man unfortunately the guy just sucked screaming, you DO NOT want to hear it without all that distortion. Bit of a lame trade off really. There's way to much 4k in the screams from all the distortion but if I notch it out it just sounds horrid.

Nothing like a good ole' problem at microphone.

It seems to me like risecore typically brings in more unskilled and untalented artists than other genres...

It seems to me like risecore typically brings in more unskilled and untalented artists than other genres...

Haha yeah... These guys were ok, the drummer couldn't play to click though hence the programming, and I had to track all the bass... And the second guitarist was a little interesting, but hey one guitarist was good and the guy can sing, just not scream.

And unfortunately there is more than one note in the chorus! I learned a coil trick for this sort of music working on this, In the chorus' there's a mono synth following the vocal melody quite low in the mix, it makes for instant rise vocals!