Just got my 5150 finally....

C_F_H_13

Protools Guru
Mar 21, 2006
Kelowna, B.C. Canada
Just got my 5150 finally after a week or so of waiting. Since I'm not a guitar player (all for reamping), I did an example of my first attempt with the septic ashes track.

The mp3 is broken up into 3 parts that fade in and out.

1. Unprocessed guitar tracks

2. Mild EQ on guitar tracks

3. Mild EQ on guitar tracks with RADIAL REAMP instead of LITTLE LABS IBP.

I added this final test to see if any can tell the different between the reamp boxes....

Chain....

Reamp---maxon OD820 (9 oclock gain, 11 oclock tone, full level)-----5150 signature (rhythm gain 4, 8/4/6, out gain 4, res 7 , presense 7)----marshall 1960a-----two sm57s in "fredmann" format..... off axis sm57 is -15 in PT.

http://www.upload.celtiaproductions.co.uk/uploads/5150%20combo.mp3

+1... I've been searching for them left and right and everyone out here wants about $900-$1000 for one... fucking people are crazy!

I can walk out of Guitar Center with a BRAND NEW 6505 for $900.

I'm starting to despise people... more so that usual.:puke:
jeez man buy the 6505
here in the uk a new 6505 costs around £700 ($1400)
and on ebay 5150's and 6505's go for about £500+ ($1000+)

That's awesome dude. Sounds much better than the original Mark IV tracks. Any chance you can upload those rhythm tracks for the whole song in a lossless format? I know it's asking a lot but... damn I love this amp.

I think I just slightly preferred the Radial reamp over the little labs. Could be the slight level difference though.. the difference is too minute to tell.

you are not a guitar player and you got a 5150? lucky you!

Honestly, with the amount of money I spent last year on renting amps, it made sense. I do alot of mixing and ALOT of reamping, so it really was a no brainer.

It took me about 4 months to find one. I kept getting outbid on ebay constantly, so one day I randomly checked craigslist and turns out an old friend of mine was selling his. Got it for 750 USD. I was literally a day away from saying f@ck it and getting a 6505 at GC.

Moonlapse, yeah I can do that for sure....just gotta give me some time to really make that tone scream :headbang: .

And DSS3, you're right about the mids on this thing too....I'll check it out.