just got my tickets for the band YES

I think it's an excellent dvd, in both camera work and audio. The performance is very good. Obviously, they all look older. Especially, Steve Howe. He looks sickly, but his guitar playing that night was incendiary. All of them were in top form , I think. Over 2 hours of tremendous music. Picked this up for only $12.00. Worth every cent.

I saw it at best buy, at around 14.00. I planned on getting it, but chose to get the just released Live after Death dvd instead. It was a financial peril, only having 20 bucks to work with. I know it'll be there more than likely, since they had 2 copies, and I was waiting for Maiden to release this on dvd format for ages. Thanks for the review, I hope to get it in a few weeks!

so what do you think the setlist will be on this tour since no anderson? i can safely say "roundabout", "yours is no disgrace", "i've seen all good people" and "starship trooper" will be played

Yeah, more than likely. But wait! Damn....just thought about this at this moment....since Jon isn't touring, they'll probably play a song or two off Drama, the one with no Anderson. He refuses to do anything off of it. I kind of understand that, of course, but I bet they will! They were supposed to do a Drama tour, but cancelled that. Man....that would be so great! I've heard songs from every album, on all the tours that I've seen them on (missed the last 2 tours though) except Drama stuff, not counting the little tiny part of Tempus Fugit. (bass/drums only)

i was thinking they would play some stuff that nevergets played because squire or howe wrote it/most of it

Well, one thing about Yes setlists. Chris will always get one of his songs played, count on it! I heard Lift me up, back in '91, on the union tour, and Onward as well.

I think Magnification was their worst album. It has a few good ones on it, but just not a very good effort on their part.

The song 'Magnification' is awesome, I've never understood how great songwriters like Squire and Howe could produce such shit that is the rest of that album

Howe, and White aren't original members. Peter Banks, (first 2 albums) and Bill Bruford (first 5 albums) were the original guitarist and drummer. But Alan White has been there since late '72, so it's almost as if he's always been there. Chris is the only Yes member that's been on EVERY album. Ever since '70, when Peter got kicked out, they've had replacements, returning members, new blood, better musicians, etc.....But, as a big fan, it's ok, as long as they keep the musicianship first.

Bruford is far better than White, I wish they had picked someone that less of a straight-up rock drummer.

I got my GA tix a few days ago. If I had cash I would have gotten actual seats earlier but w/e

Mathiäs;7747246 said:
Bruford is far better than White, I wish they had picked someone that less of a straight-up rock drummer.

I got my GA tix a few days ago. If I had cash I would have gotten actual seats earlier but w/e

yes bruford is way better

it was a good show, pretty varied setlist but i was mad they didn't play "yours is no disgrace"

Hope you had a good time. I imagine their set-list might change from night to night. That is a great song and maybe their just tired of playing it after all these years.