Just got new CoB and AWK... wow.

Apr 2, 2003
Los Angeles, CA, USA
A lot of you guys probably have the new Children of Bodom... and for those of you who don't, I only have one thing to say about it: If you've ever said, "I like metal," then go buy Hatecrew Deathroll. It covers most of "metal" pretty well - great album! :hotjump:

I don't know if you guys like Andrew W.K. at all, but this album is LIGHT YEARS ahead of his first one... Some pretty complex arrangements on this one, and great vocal harmonies, and it keeps the energy going. I was really surprised at the complexity and how well it's all blended.

Sorry, I'm excited here, people! Heavy feckin' metal!

Anyway, if anyone else has these CDs, what did you think?

Yeah, I've got HCDR as well and it's great :) Even our 3 year old daughter thinks that Triple Corpse Hammerblow is a kick ass song :D

Hatecrew Deathroll kicks ass but I like the two albums before it more. There isn't really a good reason, I guess I just happen to find the songs on HB and FTR catchier. Of course, HCDR has its high points like the tracks 3-6 area.

Yeah, HCD is badass. I like the new found vocals that Alexi used. For those of you who haven't heard the Rebel Yell cover done by CoB yet, which will be on the best of album entitled Bestbreeder (or Breastfeeder *snicker*) then you will be very suprised when you hear it.

Andrew W.K. is a metal making guy who really took off once his song "Party Hard" was played on MTV. His music on the first CD is very simplistic, full of catchy hooks and choruses, but not much substance.

What he lacks in complexity he really makes up for with enthusiasm though. He's an incredibly down to earth guy who will call fans up, go to parties if invited, and he's just generally a nice guy who's doing what he loves.

Nothing to rave over complexity wise but great party music.