Just had hernia repair surgery yesterday

I worked in surgery for some time.....you won't me to start telling some stories...and I wont ;)

shrek-cat.jpg

I've had a sports hernia since october, and having major difficulty getting rid of it :( (I have no visible petrusion) Its April and it still wont bugger off. At least that is what I believe I have. Doctors are useless and just stuck me on a course of "anti inflams" for a 2 week period just as I suspected (and with no actual diagnosis). If I rest for a good week or 2, i start to feel pretty good again but running is a complete no-no so ive been out of the footie team for almost half a year now.

Some say try to excercise it out, others say a large amount of rest. Im trying to balance the two at the moment to build up some sort of power down there again. Special stretches and light weights I reckon is the answer.

Another major downside ofc, ive put a stone on since then so im sat at 90KG at 6ft1 which may only get worse!

You should be really cautious with the weight lifting. Probably your best option is swimming or underwater sports. Doctors are very hesitant when it comes to open surgery because it really is a last resort. After you do it, no more serious running, fighting, etc.

You should be really cautious with the weight lifting. Probably your best option is swimming or underwater sports. Doctors are very hesitant when it comes to open surgery because it really is a last resort. After you do it, no more serious running, fighting, etc.

yeh, definitelly good advice dude. I am talking merely a few kilograms when i come to it, provided there is no strain at all of course.

yeh, definitelly good advice dude. I am talking merely a few kilograms when i come to it, provided there is no strain at all of course.

Yeah... I had to go through surgery because I was unable to even walk for like 4 months, but only after all the other options were used. I was like a painkiller gourmet :lol: The surgery is cool because you can have your life back, but it sucks as it kind of cripples you forever. I used to train Judo, Karate, spinning and indoor soccer, now I can only walk, swimn and eventually play soccer but just for fun, and this isn´t something that is gonna change. If at least there were some hot chicks where I swimn :erk:

When they tried to remove that one, they cut me open before the anaesthetic (really) kicked in. I almost punched the doctor in the face. Then they realized they didn't have the "proper tools" (wtf?) to remove that screw (which was inserted at a another hospital). So, because they didn't have the right fucking screwdriver, they went ahead to just rip the screw out of the bones.

By that point they had to fixate my arms at the table, because the 15 minutes the surgery was supposed to last - and the anaesthetic accordingly - were long over.
Surgeons :lol: You gotta hate 'em. Especially when they think they can handle anesthetics.