Just Ordered a Presonus Firebox, but a little worried :/

Vargsjael

Jan 25, 2006
So as the title says, i just ordered The Presonus Firebox. I felt it was time to throw out my OLD Audiophile 24/96. Read alot of good reviews about it, and just felt i had to order it. BUT, then i started reading some threads about it on this Forum. and since im mostly going to track DI:s i got a little worried because alot of people here seem not to like it for that particular use?

Well, i dont know that i wanted from this thread. Just some reassurance i guess. Will there be a huge difference in the DI recordings now when i have upgraded? I i get a yes i can sleep good tonight ^^

Thanks for a great forum!

It's fine for DI's. I used the DI on my Firestudio all the time before I bought my Redeye. The only thing that sucks about an interface DI like that, is that you have to monitor with plugins. With an external DI you can got thru to a real amp.

It's fine for DI's. I used the DI on my Firestudio all the time before I bought my Redeye. The only thing that sucks about an interface DI like that, is that you have to monitor with plugins. With an external DI you can got thru to a real amp.

I don't think the Firebox has the same preamps as the Firestudio?

Thanks for the fast resposes! That made me feel a little bit better :) As long as its better than my old internal Soudcard i think im gonna be Happy with it. And as for the Monitor thingy, for me its ok to monitor through plugins, since i dont own a Amp anyways ^^

Yeah you should be fine. Don't get me wrong, a quality external DI will probably produce better results, but it's not like the DI on the Presonus 'sucks' or anything.

So, if i would have bought say a Countryman type 85. Would that be better for tracking DI:s? They cost exactly the same here in sweden. Perhaps i should buy that one instead? Or should i use them both perhaps?