Who knows good Firewire PCI Card for Presonus Firestudio Interfaces?

Dec 10, 2010
Hi Guys,

i just bought a Presonus Firestudio Tube and as usual i collected information about it in the web. So i mentioned that most users of the Presonus Firestudio Interfaces have Problems with their Firewire Card.

Presonus published this list of compatible Firewire chips: http://www.presonus.com/media/pdf/hardware_compatibility.pdf

So i was searching the whole web for a Firewire Card which has one of the "good" Chips on it. But when you try to get proper product information about these PCI cards you cant find out which chip is used on them...

So is there anybody in this forum who uses a Firestudio Interface from Presonus with a extra Firewire PCI card (NOT PCIe!) and havent had compability issues ever? Or somebody who knows about a Firewire card with one of the particular chips of this list?

I just found 2 and they cost more than 40€(53$) which i think is too much...

thank you!

yeah but the via vt 6407 is just the chip and i dont know on which of the Cards with VIA Chips they are? Whats the name of the model and the manufacturer?

VT6306:
Image02222012134501.jpg

VT6307:
Image02222012134514.jpg

hmm ok i now found one but not in europe... but its just 7$ including shipping so is just ordered it. has a VIA 6307 Chip. Will write here if it works...

thanks everybody!