Just picked up Helloween's Chameleon, extended edition

Nov 6, 2002
Ireland
Visit site
Just wondering if any of you have this album? I always stayed away from Chameleon and Pink Bubbles in the 90's when I first got into Helloween, but since then I heard a few tracks and thought it sounded awesome.

I think a lot of the flack these albums got was due to the fact that Keepers were so amazing and everyone expected another speed-metal masterpiece. And they got 70's sounding rock! I was very disappointed by the new Helloween, seemed a little all muscle and no soul to me (compared to the amazing Gambling and Rabbit albums).

Gambling was the first Helloween album that truly made my jaw drop. I'll admit I didn't hear it until late summer last year, but it's still holding up as an INCREDIBLE album for me. Easily the best I've heard from them. Just... mindblowing songs on there. Dark Ride is good too but not up to par. The Keeper albums are good, but I prefer Walls of Jericho. Only other album I've heard is Rabbit Don't Come Easy which has some great songs, but a lot of songs that made me scratch my head, so that one doesn't hold up very well.

I'll have to hear Chameleon and PBGA sometime...

Latest Helloween album was just plain embarrassing...and they performed quite shockingly at WOA last year. Such a shame for such a legendary band, I think...I really want them to win me back.

Woah woah. Now, I have no opinion on Chameleon and Pink Bubbles - since I'd need to give them much more attention than the unpleasurable brief listens I've had of them - but praise for Gambling and disparaging of 7 Sinners? :guh:

Personally thought Sinners stepped away from the generic same-old-same-old and belted out some instant classics with more energy and melody than they'd had in a long while.

Gambling was just that, a gamble. It went in a direction that just came off as so awkward and discordant with what had come before. Fair enough bands can fly in the face of expectation and break the mold but I thought Sinners did that in such a confident, tuneful and bombastic way while Gambling played with being dark and just came off so forced and synthetic. (EDIT: oh and autotune -_-)

I don't know maybe I'm being too harsh.

:eek: You don't like Kill It, The Saints, Paint A New World, or Heaven Tells No Lies, Dom?! Those are some incredible tunes!