Just spent the best part of the afternoon listening to the Bruce solo stuff

Rainking

Jul 2, 2003
NY
Visit site
And, I'm sorry, but no matter how much I try I simply don't see what's so good about it. There are about 3 songs which I like, 1 which I really like and the rest is either mediocre or utter drivel.

Sorry Bruce! :loco:

Rainking said:
Accident of Birth, Skunkworks (particularly bad IMO) and Chemical Wedding.

Bruce said when he left Maiden that he wanted to do something different and his first solo albums after leaving are that. It's difficult for a lot of Maiden fans to get into Skunkworks and Balls to Picasso. I like them, but it was a bit of a surprise the first few listens. They're definately not metal, maybe alternative, some say grunge. Most people who like Maiden like AoB the best and usually CW, too, so if you didn't like them, maybe you won't be a Bruce solo fan. That's OK. I forgive you. :lol:

But try to listen to AoB a few more times before you give up on him.

Also, just as info, Tattooed Millionaire is what I'd call a fun album. It has that 80's hair metal type feel. So if you're into that, give it a try.

As you can probably tell, I conside myself a Bruce solo fan first and a Maiden fan second. But we can still all live in harmony here, people.

Reactions: Rainking
Dreamer Deceiver said:
Chemical Wedding and Accident of Birth are better than anything Maiden did in the 90's.

So far, I don't agree at all. In fact I would go as far as to say the post-Maiden Blaze solo stuff is better than the Bruce solo stuff.

Rainking said:
And, I'm sorry, but no matter how much I try I simply don't see what's so good about it. There are about 3 songs which I like, 1 which I really like and the rest is either mediocre or utter drivel.

Sorry Bruce! :loco:

Same here! I only like 2 songs from his solo career.

And Blaze's solo material is hell of a lot better than Bruce's solo material.

Reactions: Rainking
Beast In Flames said:
Same here! I only like 2 songs from his solo career.

And Blaze's solo material is hell of a lot better than Bruce's solo material.

BIF, what happened? You used to be cool but with comments like that your credibility in dishing out opinions in music will be gone. :D