just thought some of you might like this

Yeah it's tough to be in the pit if you're female. I try to be for every show, but I get beaten and pushed around so easily because of my small frame. I'm half the size of most of the guys in there, and they still slam against me or have use me as a ladder to get on the stage. I've walked out of the pit many times with bruises on my legs, arms and back, but that's really the only way I can enjoy metal shows - being right there in front of the band, up close to the music. It just adds to the experience. Any other way just isn't the same, at least not to me. The things I do for metal...

When someone surfs over you and they kick you in the head, simply grab them by the arm and slam them down on the ground, and quickly hide behind someone bigger than youself. It works wonders. :D

I'm not a tall person myself, all 5'11 of me, but i'm into weight lifting, so i don't really have a problem if someone tries to bug me. It's simply:

"Hey.. Fuck you, you small cun*SSMMAACCKK*"

and the problem solved. :lol:

ha ha. I learnt the trick of 'ripping the arms off the guy that just kicked you in the head' when i was fifteen, and still fairly short. I actually got beaten so badly in a faith-no-more concert many many years ago that i was unconscious for three hours afterwards (thankfully, i enjoyed the concert BEFORE i was knocked out. :lol: ). So i had to learn how to combat it, MAKE people aware of you. FORCE them to know you are there (or force them to the ground, same deal. :lol: )

Well, here is the one solution that I will mention:
Since everyone is fairly younger than me, it is quite simple! You turn into a very angry faced metalhead, you push them backwards, and you reach the first line. Then you have no problems. Simple as that (for Greece anyway!):headbang:

Ha ha ha. I'm in australia, so most of the metal bands play in pubs, so everone is MORE than usually drunk, and i've learn that i can actually take down a guy twice my size... :D

ha ha:lol:
Doesn't work in greece. Here you can take pple larger than you out only if you look really pissed off, I mean evil. NoLordy and more!:devil:

I don't know how the pit in Arizona is Faith, but I've seen Nevermore two times in Germany and here the people lay back and drink their beer (or more mostly more beers) while watching the show! It becomes a party when they start "smoking". In Berlin there was only one fan who really ENJOYED it. I don't know where the Germans have left their passion.
Sorry mates but it is true!

The way someone might perceive as enjoyment differs from a person to another. These guys in Germany have seen so many shows and so many bands, that enjoyment might ring bells for beer and actually watching the show, rather than headbanging. Well I have done it in many shows. In Savatage who I 've seen several times for example.

I understand that headbanging is a global way of expression for the metalheads, but what can I say...
anyone has the right to enjoy a beer (or more) in a show!:loco:

So anyways, crowd surfing is really stupid, and pisses everybody off because you can't see shit...and have to worry about being kicked in the head/face, etc.

I'll try the arm thing next time, that will be funny...:hotjump: