just to start something, since i'm all lonesome...

bumpkins

the lizard queen
Mar 12, 2003
where else - TX
what's the craziest stunt pulled to see/meet anthrax? i once snuck upstairs at the pantera show to see them. talk about being scared shitless...i did NOT want to be thrown out. but no one hanging around, so i took a chance and its not like the boys threw me out, esp since they were about to go on. charlie actually called me by first name. wow. still makes me giggle. love this band. yes, yes, yes total fan geek. :worship:

course security was so tight on the crue tour - no chance. one of the few thrax gigs i got lousy pix of. :cry:

course no one's gonna answer - for people who don't have to work the next day or take a shift with the baby - most of ya are asleep....lucky bastards.

also most of the time, anthrax are easily accessible. so maybe not too many crazy stunts pulled...i'm rambling, i just want to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep again.

:zombie: :zombie: :zombie:

recently I was at this show, Seven Witches opening for Symphony X... it was at a small venue: 500 people max. but I still got to talk to the guys from Seven Witches including Joey Vera (Armored Saint) and James Rivera (Helstar, Destiny's End) and it wasn't hard at all since there was almost no security at all and the guys were walking around the crowd after the show... I should mention that me and my buddies were among perhaps 10 people that were there that knew about the band :) but still, a very cool experience!

I have a question for you all: are Anthrax guys tough to get to after a gig?? Is there a lot of security? And are they indisposed if you ask them to sign stuff after the show ?? I will be seeing them soon on their US tour with Motorhead so I'm preparing for it :)

mentalmeltdown said:
I have a question for you all: are Anthrax guys tough to get to after a gig?? Is there a lot of security? And are they indisposed if you ask them to sign stuff after the show ??
Not if you have a backstage pass, or TOYS!!!
I asked Charlie what kind of toys he wants, here's his reply:
I want ringwraiths!!!!!!!!
the single evil ring figures
the new merry and pippin

THANKS-CB

Either those or other LOTR toys, or Simpson's toys. That'll help you. Also, be very fucking polite. I met Scott at the wrong time, right before they were going on, and he wasn't super happy to see me.

Hey Thraxdude... what do you mean if you have toys?? I'd have to give Charlie a toy to get him to sign some stuff ???

if it's so then it's a huge price to pay :)

I had an after show snack with John Bush a few years back in Providence on the Vol 8 go around. A friend of mine from high school used to work for Metal Blade. She ended up Armored Saint's tour manager. She even brought them to my high school in RI for career day where alum come back to tell us what they're doing, more than once. She's a year and a half out of High School, touring with Saint, and I'm throwing up the horns as a senoir. She called John prior to the show to say she'd be there, he came out after looking for us, and Frank came out too. Charlie and Scott were nowhere to be found. I got Franks autograph and had a chat, as did many other fans, and got John's autograph. When the fans started to dispearse, my bud Jim and I thanked him for his time, my friend Lori (his old manager) gave him a big hug and a kiss, and we were going to a dinner a block or two away called Haven Brothers (it's been in downtown Prov since the 1850's). John asked us what we were doing, I said going for the best greasy burger in RI. He said he needed to know how good the best greasy burger in RI was and joined us. We hung out for like 45 minutes to an hour. It wasn't your typical fan band member exchange as Lori was there. I did get to mention the lengths I go to to obtain B-sides, and rattled of a few obscure ones I had. He told me I was hardcore. After that, it was really getting to know a person through Lori and John's "old times" conversations, family, Saint mates, and the like. It was quite enjoyable. He invited us to go hang around the hotel for a while more when "dinner" was done, but all three of us had to work in the morning, and just couldn't. It was one of the cooler times I'v had.

tdk

see? that's why your's is so much cooler than mine. i've bowled, had cigars, snuck, waited all in the name of anthrax but have never really hung with the band/guys. :cry:

bitchx3, not that is all bad. i consider myself VERY lucky with meeting anthrax. its a dream come true for a fangeek like me.

and yes max i am a woman. good thing i'm not easily insulted.

I dunno, I love Anthrax and sure be great to meet them...but I have no real desire to meet them at the moment. i dont know why. If after a gig I happen to bump into them then that would be cool, but I dont have this...eagerness to make my way to make sure I see them. Seeing them play live is good enough for me.