Just wanted to share this (To Write Love on Her Arms)

tempe

Captain Midnight
Sep 22, 2005
Perth, Australia
I played a house show for charity group "To Write Love on Her Arms" on Sunday, To Write Love on Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. Its really a great cause and this organization really does help a lot of people out in so many great ways.

Here's a link to their site
http://www.twloha.com/vision/

Having known people very close to me go through this sort of stuff and it is a very, very real thing that a lot of people you know might have gone through and that you would have no idea. The organization tries to spread awareness of this problem and encourages people to speak out about their own experiences with depression so that others can help them.

The organization put on a secret show in Perth, Australia and it was just an absolutely overwhelming success. With a lot of people there who have never been to a local show, showing support and positivity for a cause, that well really needs it. For me personally it was such a change of atmosphere from I am used to at these sort of events. I don't know how it is in other cities, but there is a lot of hostility within our local scene, a lot of talking behind other bands backs, trash talking and generally just being horrible to a lot of people because they like a certain sort of music, or dress a certain way (this is within the metal and hardcore community). None of this existed and it was amazingly refreshing.

To Write Love on Her Arms do a lot of great things for a lot of people and they need all the support they can get, they make 100% of their income through T-Shirt sales, and I would say if you have been through yourself, known anyone, or even been distantly connected with someone who has struggled with these issues, its something that is worth supporting.

They made such a positive impact on the 200 or so people that attended and inspired me to write this to draw some attention to what they are trying to achieve as an organization. So check them out and maybe buy a T-shirt, I think they are $20 :)

Some video from the event;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uk9kCw9MtA&feature=player_embedded#at=193

The second band plays a cover of "Teach" by the Chariot, it is epic.

I'm not in anyway Christian or remotely religious, but the fact that this organization is hasn't effected the way I feel about what they're doing, so I hope it doesn't effect anyone's opinion.