just when you thought it was done

this is a good thing, for two reasons:

1. Lucas won't be directing future Star Wars movies, and logic dictates that whoever replaces him at the helm would HAVE to have a better grasp of narrative structure and character development than he does. The new movies(s?) might actually not be embarrassing this time!

2. Disney is obsessed with rereleases and fan demands; maybe we'd finally see an HD rerelease of the original, unedited trilogy. Lucas seemed unwilling to listen to fans on this due to his unconscionable ego; perhaps disney's money-sniffing instincts will lead them down the path to righteousness.

New blood making Star Wars movies could be good. imagine Christopher Nolan or Brad Bird doing one of those movies.

New blood making Star Wars movies could be good. imagine Christopher Nolan or Brad Bird doing one of those movies.

Nolan's films tend to be a little too dark in tone for him to jump out at me as a great choice. Brad Bird would definitely be interesting though...and though I haven't seen The Avengers, everyone seems to have loved it, and Whedon's already on Disney's payroll...

1. Lucas won't be directing future Star Wars movies, and logic dictates that whoever replaces him at the helm would HAVE to have a better grasp of narrative structure and character development than he does. The new movies(s?) might actually not be embarrassing this time!

2. Disney is obsessed with rereleases and fan demands; maybe we'd finally see an HD rerelease of the original, unedited trilogy. Lucas seemed unwilling to listen to fans on this due to his unconscionable ego; perhaps disney's money-sniffing instincts will lead them down the path to righteousness.

well, you're right on those. but still, the six SW flicks are good enough (not to mention the ten million different novels made.

JJ Abrams would be a great director choice, or maybe Luc Besson if he ever gets back to Sci-Fi.

Hell, I'd rather see Uwe Boll direct Star Wars than Lucas.

Just like Nevermore, bring on the new blood. Maybe we'll get a movie worthy of a story as good as KOTOR or The Darth Bane Trilogy.

After they finish this new trilogy, they need to do something with the Old Republic. We need lots of sith running around and wiping out the jedi. I wanna see the sith before the rule of two.

4uj6yq.jpg
[/IMG]

As I always say, "It doesn't matter how you do it now" george already fucked up 1-3 and nobody was expecting more star wars movies so at this point it's just bonus. Unless they make a movie with Jar-Jar as the star then I don't think it could possibly be any worse. Get Drew Karpyshyn or anyone like Aaron Allston or Troy Denning or even Timothy Zahn and have someone like J.J or Whedon to do it and it will probably be awesome.

yeah read that in the papers now

more commerical money to be made...

GREAT IDEA this guy is man - Uwe Boll

Depends on if they even decide to go the live-action route...
It also depends on whether or not ILM is behind all of the effects. Hell, they should just pay the guy that did the video in the Star Wars thread to make their movies.

Eh, I love Nolan, but I cannot see him doing Star Wars at all. Most of his movies are too introspective.

Depends on if they even decide to go the live-action route...
It also depends on whether or not ILM is behind all of the effects. Hell, they should just pay the guy that did the video in the Star Wars thread to make their movies.

i would imagine they'd HAVe to go live action. no one went to see the cartoon movie from a few years ago. besides, ILM is part of Lucasfilm and was acquired by Disney in the deal, so I'm pretty sure they'll still be around.

Yeah, I had not actually read the article up to the point where it mentioned ILM and Skywalker Sound yet. I still wonder about the effects though. As awful as the prequels were, they did have some of the best special effects pretty much ever, and I can't think of anything that has come since that surpassed it--and it's been thirteen years since Phantom.

Lucas had all kinds of cash to dump into the movies, and while Disney has money as well, who knows if they will spend as much (adjusting for inflation) as what he did. Look at the more recent Marvel based movies. They all had pretty good effects, but they also had some that stood out as not so great, and you would think that by now we would be beyond such limitations. It seems more like a budget issue with most studios though, which isn't something Lucas really had to deal with.

Still, the biggest issues will be the script and getting a director that knows how to do more than action scenes. They said that an "extensive storyline" had already been written for the next three, but pray to god that what we end up with wasn't just from Lucas alone and that it has plenty of edits and rewrites if needed. One of my friends, who is literally a Lucas fanboy tried arguing with me that Lucas had already written everything for the prequels before he even begain filming the first Star Wars. Uh no, he definitely did not. He may have had a very rough idea how he wanted things to start out, but he had not actually written a fleshed out story, let alone a script. That much was apparent when you see him sitting down to write The Phantom Menace for the first time.

Did you know that Lucas didn't write the screenplays for Empire or Jedi by himself?

Yeah, exactly why I posed the question. Although the Ewoks (Wookies) really made Jedi my third favorite. Defeat the Empire with sticks, stones and the Carebear stare!
Yoda sums it up the prequels the best here (5m 05s):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq0wv2ossJU&feature=relmfu&t=05m05s[/ame]

they will all go under by acquiring

....and big little budgets will rule co-ordinating/marketing/manufacting/purchasing & baker.entrepreneur

I agree that Empire is the best film in the series but I think A New Hope is much better than ROTJ. ROTJ was way too cartoony and silly compared to the other two movies - it has some great moments like the final confrontation with the Emperor, but the entire Ewok storyline seems really forced and incongruently goofy.

I agree that Empire is the best film in the series but I think A New Hope is much better than ROTJ. ROTJ was way too cartoony and silly compared to the other two movies - it has some great moments like the final confrontation with the Emperor, but the entire Ewok storyline seems really forced and incongruently goofy.

Yep. I saw Jedi when I was ten, and even then I thought it was too "kiddy" compared to the first two.

Don't you love how Lucas then falls back on "they were always supposed to be for children" when a lot of people slammed the extra shit added in the special edition and especially The Phantom Menace? The only reason Ewoks were even in Jedi was because he couldn't find enough basketball players. There was too much going on in Empire for it to be for children (much of which only adults could appreciate), unless he actually meant teens. Even the first film had some moments that were not appropriate.

ZZ58B2836D-550x418.jpg