Just witnessed Judas priest, Slayer and Black Label Society

Papa Josh

Minister of Propaganda
Just returned from seeing The Priest, Slayer and Black Label Society outdoors here in Houston. Fucking-A amazing!!

Electric Eye, Metal Gods, Green Manalishi, Turbo Lover, Painkiller, Heading Out To The Highway, The Ripper, Victim Of Changes, Beyond The Realms Of Death, Diamonds and Rust, Breaking The Law and more! Can't remember 'em all right at the moment.. Gotta say though that there were moments where Ripper Owens probably could've pulled the song off better... but, hey, Halford is back and he was great.

He's fucking nuts though for never being in less than a leather jacket in Houston weather. Complete leather outfit....

And he changed jackets almost as much as Madonna changes clothes during one of her sets!!

Slayer were good, better than the last time I saw them, but their sound guy should be shot. The set started really muffled and Tom was yelling his ass off but was struggling to be heard...

Glad to see that they've banned smoking even in the outdoor venue, unless you're on the lawn. Fucking white trash, trailer park Harley Davidson couple next to me smelled like a walking ashtray. Luckily some fatfuck behind me was fartin' his ass off...

Opeth17 said:
What did the Black Label Society setlist look like? I'd have liked to see some of the new stuff live, but I highly doubt he'd play it at Ozzfest seeing as how it's much calmer.
Can't remember what he opened with...

Genocide Junkies, another one from 3rd album, one from the second album.., Funeral Bell, Stoned and Drunk, Stillborn, maybe one more from Blessed Hellride, Berzerker. Nothing from latest album

All of those songs from The Blessed Hellride are pretty good.

I'd have liked to go to see BLS, Dimmu Borgir, Lacuna Coil and Slayer, but unfortunately I had neither $75 in my pocket nor a trip to New Mexico in mind. :tickled:

YOU LUCKY BASTARD!!!!!!!!

I'm seeing Slayer with Slipknot the day after my birthday though, so that's grand :)

Judas Priest are doing a world tour early 2005 too...maybe they'll come to my hometown!!! :D