Judas Priest setlist from tour-opener, fuck I'm pissed I'm not going.

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
JUDAS PRIEST played their first concert since reuniting with singer Rob Halford Wednesday night (June 2) at Stadiumsporthalle in Hannover, Germany. The group's entire setlist for the show was follows:

01. Hellion
02. Electric Eye
03. Metal Gods
04. Heading Out to the Highway
05. The Ripper
06. Touch of Evil
07. The Sentinel
08. Turbo Lover
09. Victim of Changes
10. Diamonds and Rust
11. Breaking the Law
12. Beyond the Realms of Death
13. The Green Manalishi (With the Two Pronged Crown)
14. Painkiller
Encore:
15. Hell Bent For Leather
16. Living After Midnight
17. United
18. You Got Another Thing Coming

According to a fan that attended the show, "The stage setting (backdrop) was the 'Electric Eye' DVD cover. Halford appeared in the eye! Halford's voice was in very go(o)d shape. He sang 'Victim of Changes' like on 'Unleashed (In the East)' (GREAT, FANTASTIC!!!!). After 'Metal Gods' he said that this was a very special night: the first gig of the PRIEST reunion after so many years. He looked awesome with spiked leather coats, changing on some songs. During 'Painkiller' he wore a spiked leather jacket. 'Hell Bent' = Harley, cap on. Sunglasses at the beginning of the show. Sound was awesome, not too loud, very clear. The band just fucked up on 'Green Manalishi' at one part (only the die-hards noticed that)."

That setlist seems almost identical to the Priest...Live VHS and the show on the Electric Eye DVD...still, damn fucking cool and I bloody well hope they come to England playing that. Victim Of Changes, quality...my favourite Priest song :cool:

Am I forgetting one?

Because Jugulator doesn't even compare to "Defenders of the Faith." And while "Turbo" and "Ram It Down" are marginal discs at best, even the worst Halford-era albums are preferable to THIS fan over any of the crap they put out in the '90s.

But hey, one man's poison...

Priest is my one guilty pleasure. I worry when I listen to them, and I am always pumped when i do, what everyone will think i am a gay biker.

Anyway, a friend of mine lived in San Diego, and passed Halford in the street a few times- he said he raised his fist and said Halford or Priest, and Halford was real cool with it.

NAD said:
Does Halford live in San Diego? I should go party with his gay ass.
gay7.jpg

Ebaumsworld is second only to Maddox' site for raw entertainment. Their games kick ace!