Read ONLY if you want to know Priest's setlist

irratebass

Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Visit site
JUDAS PRIEST's Reunion Tour: Opening Night Setlist Revealed - June 2, 2004

JUDAS PRIEST played their first concert since reuniting with singer Rob Halford Wednesday night (June 2) at Stadiumsporthalle in Hannover, Germany. The group's entire setlist for the show was follows:

01. Hellion
02. Electric Eye
03. Metal Gods
04. Heading Out to the Highway
05. The Ripper
06. Touch of Evil
07. The Sentinel
08. Turbo Lover
09. Victim of Changes
10. Diamonds and Rust
11. Breaking the Law
12. Beyond the Realms of Death
13. The Green Manalishi (With the Two Pronged Crown)
14. Painkiller
Encore:
15. Hell Bent For Leather
16. Living After Midnight
17. United
18. You Got Another Thing Coming

According to a fan that attended the show, "The stage setting (backdrop) was the 'Electric Eye' DVD cover. Halford appeared in the eye! Halford's voice was in very go(o)d shape. He sang 'Victim of Changes' like on 'Unleashed (In the East)' (GREAT, FANTASTIC!!!!). After 'Metal Gods' he said that this was a very special night: the first gig of the PRIEST reunion after so many years. He looked awesome with spiked leather coats, changing on some songs. During 'Painkiller' he wore a spiked leather jacket. 'Hell Bent' = Harley, cap on. Sunglasses at the beginning of the show. Sound was awesome, not too loud, very clear. The band just fucked up on 'Green Manalishi' at one part (only the die-hards noticed that)."

I would have liked to see a few more obscure tunes in the setlist. Other than United (which makes sense since the band is united once more) and maybe Turbo Lover, everything is pretty much standard stuff. Still, can't wait to see them at Ozzfest. Maybe by then they will come to their senses and throw Genocide into the mix!

Scott

I liked Ripper in Priest, as well. I know there are many who couldn't stand him, but I thought he did a really good job. If they play near you, check out Iced Earth. Ripper did a great job when I saw them in April.

Scott

NP: Morbid Angel - Gateways to Annihilation

SCott308 said:
I would have liked to see a few more obscure tunes in the setlist. Other than United (which makes sense since the band is united once more) and maybe Turbo Lover, everything is pretty much standard stuff. Still, can't wait to see them at Ozzfest. Maybe by then they will come to their senses and throw Genocide into the mix!

Scott
Priest played "United" and "Turbo" when I saw them in February 2002 with Anthrax.

jdelpi said:
Priest played "United" and "Turbo" when I saw them in February 2002 with Anthrax.

I saw that tour as well, so I knew they played them. But the other songs that were on that list are ones that just about anyone could come up with. United and Turbo aren't exactly the most obvious songs for them to play, not that they are total shockers, either. United was a surprise on their last tour, but there isn't anything on this one that jumps out at ya.

Scott

NP: Lockup - Pleasures Pave Sewers

that should be a good show too, i cant wait, with anyluck they'll come someplace close-ish for me and soon enough i can afford tickets to go.

I Don't Die said:
:worship: Painkiller :worship:

Ripper owens was a dickhead.

Long live Halford
Did you see it live? You´re talking complete bullcrap. Ripper kicks the ole Robbie in the ass any day, singingwise.
Talk about the dickheads, man.

I don't know about that, Johnnie. But I did think Ripper did an excellent job with Priest. I know a lot of people slagged him, but I really liked him in Priest.

Scott

NP: Exodus - Impact is Imminent

SCott308 said:
I don't know about that, Johnnie. But I did think Ripper did an excellent job with Priest. I know a lot of people slagged him, but I really liked him in Priest.

Scott

NP: Exodus - Impact is Imminent
Well I´ll see for myself tomorrow-Priest in Prague...