*SPOILER* Priest setlist for EPITAPH tour

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
HOLY SMOKES! This will be worth it for BEYOND THE REALMS OF DEATH and SENTINEL alone!:hotjump:

British heavy metal legends JUDAS PRIEST kicked off their "Epitaph" world tour earlier tonight (Tuesday, June 7) at 013 in Tilburg, Holland. The show marked the band's first-ever concert with the band's latest addition, 31-year-old guitarist Richie Faulkner (LAUREN HARRIS, DIRTY DEEDS), who replaced Kenneth "K.K." Downing in April.

PRIEST's setlist was as follows:

01. Rapid Fire
02. Metal Gods
03. Heading Out To The Highway
04. Judas Rising
05. Starbreaker
06. Victim of Changes
07. Never Satisfied
08. Diamonds And Rust (JOAN BAEZ cover) (acoustic)
09. Prophecy
10. Night Crawler
11. Turbo Lover
12. Beyond the Realms of Death
13. The Sentinel
14. Blood Red Skies
15. The Green Manalishi (With the Two-Pronged Crown) (FLEETWOOD MAC cover)
16. Breaking the Law
17. Painkiller

Encore:

18. The Hellion
19. Electric Eye
20. Hell Bent for Leather
21. You've Got Another Thing Comin'

HOLY SMOKES! This will be worth it for BEYOND THE REALMS OF DEATH and SENTINEL alone!:hotjump:

British heavy metal legends JUDAS PRIEST kicked off their "Epitaph" world tour earlier tonight (Tuesday, June 7) at 013 in Tilburg, Holland. The show marked the band's first-ever concert with the band's latest addition, 31-year-old guitarist Richie Faulkner (LAUREN HARRIS, DIRTY DEEDS), who replaced Kenneth "K.K." Downing in April.

PRIEST's setlist was as follows:

01. Rapid Fire
02. Metal Gods
03. Heading Out To The Highway
04. Judas Rising
05. Starbreaker
06. Victim of Changes
07. Never Satisfied
08. Diamonds And Rust (JOAN BAEZ cover) (acoustic)
09. Prophecy
10. Night Crawler
11. Turbo Lover
12. Beyond the Realms of Death
13. The Sentinel
14. Blood Red Skies
15. The Green Manalishi (With the Two-Pronged Crown) (FLEETWOOD MAC cover)
16. Breaking the Law
17. Painkiller

Encore:

18. The Hellion
19. Electric Eye
20. Hell Bent for Leather
21. You've Got Another Thing Comin'

Sure does. Plus, it looks like they're playing longer than they have the last couple of tours.

I did hear for this tour in an interview with Halford, that they may be mixing it up a little bit, where the songs that aren't the staples may be getting shuffled around in terms of those they play. That'd be cool, but I can't complain too much about this setlist. Obviously, there are things I'd rather see on there but considering how huge their catalog is, it's truly impossible to find a perfect setlist. I do sorta wish they would play something off Nostradamus that WASN'T Prophecy. The self-titled off that disc I think would be a real crowd pleaser or hell, I'd love to see my favorite off that disc, "Alone."

Well, I think they also said they are playing at least one track from each album.
So for POINT OF ENTRY you can either pick HEADING OUT TO THE HIGHWAY, or DON'T GO. LOL!!!!!!!

I will be in the VAST minority of people that for ANGEL OF RETRIBUTION loved LOCHNESS.
I would love to hear that live, but JUDAS RISING is still better than REVOLUTION or ANGEL.
WORTH FIGHTING FOR would have been cool.

For HELL BENT, I REALLY REALLY REALLY was hoping for EVENING STAR.

VERY happy that for RAM IT DOWN they chose BLOOD RED SKIES. Not one other track I would have chosen over that one, except JOHNNY B GOODE, of course.

I would have chosen TOUCH OF EVIL over PAINKILLER, but I am realistic.

My only true complaint is THREE songs off of BRITISH STEEL, considering last tour's performance of it in it's entirety.

Overall though, I am content with this setlist!

At least they chose RAPID FIRE instead of Living After Midnight.
The presence of BOTH LAM and Breakin The Law would have pissed me off.

Just happy that there are a good handful of tunes I have never personally seen live.

Well, I think they also said they are playing at least one track from each album.
So for POINT OF ENTRY you can either pick HEADING OUT TO THE HIGHWAY, or DON'T GO. LOL!!!!!!!

I will be in the VAST minority of people that for ANGEL OF RETRIBUTION loved LOCHNESS.
I would love to hear that live, but JUDAS RISING is still better than REVOLUTION or ANGEL.
WORTH FIGHTING FOR would have been cool.

For HELL BENT, I REALLY REALLY REALLY was hoping for EVENING STAR.

VERY happy that for RAM IT DOWN they chose BLOOD RED SKIES. Not one other track I would have chosen over that one, except JOHNNY B GOODE, of course.

I would have chosen TOUCH OF EVIL over PAINKILLER, but I am realistic.

My only true complaint is THREE songs off of BRITISH STEEL, considering last tour's performance of it in it's entirety.

Overall though, I am content with this setlist!

Oh I completely agree in terms of wishing Lochness would be in the set. I LOVE that song, but considering they never played it at any point on the Angel of Retribution tour, I have given up on them playing that live. I actually like "Angel" believe it or not. That whole album is fantastic though with "Revolution" being the only one I think is okay.

I LOVE EVENING STAR. Just because it also has Star in the title, I always seem to get pissed off when I hear "Starbreaker" in there but not "Evening Star."

Agreed on Touch of Evil as well. I wouldn't have minded "Leather Rebel" or "Between the Hammer and the Anvil" either, though I know they did the latter on the Metal Masters tour, which I sadly missed out on.

Agreed on the British Steel thing as well. They do it because it's the most popular album, but I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is the most OVERRATED Priest album by far. There's at least 5 or so of their albums I would put before that one.

The one song I really wish they would put into the setlist though is "Sinner."