Judas Priest Setlist - Opening Night Epitaph World Tour

jem777az

Bozzman
Sep 23, 2007
Peoria, AZ
I'll be very happy if this stays the same when the US tour hits this fall. Video can also be seen from the link.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=159127

British heavy metal legends JUDAS PRIEST kicked off their "Epitaph" world tour earlier tonight (Tuesday, June 7) at 013 in Tilburg, Holland. The show marked the band's first-ever concert with its latest addition, 31-year-old guitarist Richie Faulkner (LAUREN HARRIS, DIRTY DEEDS), who replaced Kenneth "K.K." Downing in April.

PRIEST's setlist was as follows:

01. Rapid Fire
02. Metal Gods
03. Heading Out To The Highway
04. Judas Rising
05. Starbreaker
06. Victim Of Changes
07. Never Satisfied
08. Diamonds And Rust (JOAN BAEZ cover) (half acoustic, half electric)
09. Prophecy
10. Night Crawler
11. Turbo Lover
12. Beyond The Realms of Death
13. The Sentinel
14. Blood Red Skies
15. The Green Manalishi (With The Two-Pronged Crown) (FLEETWOOD MAC cover)
16. Breaking The Law
17. Painkiller

Encore 1:

18. The Hellion (taped intro) / Electric Eye
19. Hell Bent For Leather

Encore 2:

20. You've Got Another Thing Comin'

My only issue is that the only song they have played of Nostradamus is Prophecy. I think most fans would get more into the title track honestly.

I love that setlist! Can't wait for the Jersey show in November. I'm taking my eight year old daughter. JUDAS PRIEST is her favorite band.

Wow, that's a shocker to have a daughter that's into metal that is THAT young.....I mean I remember beginning to like metal at the age of 13, and I thought that was young :)..

A good friend of mine's son likes metal and he's 11, but usually girls at that age or younger are into pop artists such as hanna montana....

I too like that setlist..."Blood Red Skies" is also a favorite of mine....

Wow, that's a shocker to have a daughter that's into metal that is THAT young.....I mean I remember beginning to like metal at the age of 13, and I thought that was young :)..

A good friend of mine's son likes metal and he's 11, but usually girls at that age or younger are into pop artists such as hanna montana....

I too like that setlist..."Blood Red Skies" is also a favorite of mine....

That's a parent who is doing his/her job right! My son is 5 and is absolutely going to this tour if they hit the DC area. He's still mad that I didn't take him with me to see Volbeat.

Damn, why was Rob so animated when Priest were on American Idol, and then come back to the static mode of reading the teleprompter all bent over on this video? That's hard to understand. He's singing this song for 20 years...

BTW, they should take it off the setlist. Rob is not at his best on this most of the times. They should pick another song more suited to his range as of now...

Rob sounds terrible attempting high notes I'm sorry Priest fans. Although the sound is complete cock on this clip but the band looks a bit bored as well. His mid range is still good.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2zgPpJEBnk&feature=related[/ame]

Victim of Changes sounds a bit better in this clip but still not that great. The best of Priest is long gone I'm afraid - well IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't blame him too much, the man is getting a lot older, and with a voice like his, time is not going to be easy on it. I got my tickets for "Chicago" last night, and will be there and be quite excited, but also sad. They are my favorite band and it's going to suck to know that this will probably be the last time I ever get to see them.

I think it's a little harsh to expect a man who is 59 years old to pull off something he did in 1988. Obviously his voice isn't what it was, but I don't think he's embarrassing himself by going out on stage. Given the fact that before this tour they have never even played "Blood Red Skies" live. I think he's doing a fine job, besides a rough start, and he got much better as the song went on. And he still rips on "Victim Of Changes" despite his age. Does he sound like he did 20 years ago? Of course not, but I think he preforms the material a lot better than other people could hope to. Rob also looks a lot more animated than he did on the British Steel Tour. I do think they could change up Painkiller as that might be too much for him even though I like the way he has changed it up considering his limitations.