K.K. Downing statement

ICEDEARTHFAN

IN MEMORY.....
Sep 24, 2008
Northeast Alabama
Saw this on Bravewords site:

"Dear friends,

It is with much regret that I will not be with you this summer. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your concerns about my health. Please rest assured that I am O.K.

There has been an ongoing breakdown in working relationship between myself, elements of the band, and the band's management for some time.

Therefore I have decided to step down rather than to tour with negative sentiments as I feel that this would be a deception to you, our cherished fans.

However I would urge you to please support the Priest as I have no doubt that it will be a show not to be missed.

All my love and respect."

Wow, never would have guessed there was negativity between KK and the band or management. At least never from how he performed on stage or appeared in interviews.

As much as it sucks, I have to respect him for making that tough decision as opposed to just going through the motions with internal negativity.

I'm glad it's not his health, but I have the opposite reaction. If the end is in sight, suck it up and finish things on a high note for the fans who are coming out to support the band on their final world tour.

I'm glad it's not his health, but I have the opposite reaction. If the end is in sight, suck it up and finish things on a high note for the fans who are coming out to support the band on their final world tour.

From my initial reaction,I agree with you.After all these years,it comes down to the last world tour and now you decide to quit.When this is the last chance to play those classics for the whole world live with your bandmates?

But after sitting and thinking about it.I don't know just how bad things may have gotten,so who am I to say K.K. should do this or that?
It breaks my heart,but I'll go see them with or without him.

Has Priest ever toured without KK before in their career?

As far as I know, Priest has never played a show since Rob and Glenn joined the band, that didn't involve Glenn, KK, Rob, and Ian, up until Rob left the band after Painkiller. Scott came in a couple of years prior, has played every show with them since, Ripper came in after Rob left and that lineup played every show complete, until Rob came back, where that lineup has played every show complete. I MIGHT be wrong, but I don't think so.

As far as I know, Priest has never played a show since Rob and Glenn joined the band, that didn't involve Glenn, KK, Rob, and Ian, up until Rob left the band after Painkiller. Scott came in a couple of years prior, has played every show with them since, Ripper came in after Rob left and that lineup played every show complete, until Rob came back, where that lineup has played every show complete. I MIGHT be wrong, but I don't think so.

My god,I can't even begin to think how many shows that could be.Amazing

Sure, easy to say from the selfish fanboy perspective.
We really don't know the inside scoop.
Bands renegotiate contracts amongst its members all the time.
Things could have been REALLY bad, beyond being able to suck it up for one last "go around".

Who knows? Maybe part of Halford's return was that he gets 50% or more....

KK (and possibly others) could have been going through the motions for a few years now???? It is possible.

Anyhow, to be honest, I think it almost would have been best for the band to simply just say they chose to retire, instead of releasing KK's resignation. Now a lot of people, such as us, are going to further speculate on all this potential internal turmoil.

What IEfan said, I can certainly understand why it would be correct to go out one last time the way it should be, but I also certainly can't relate to having been in a band - a band like that, at that - for 40 years and the issues that could have arose. He is literally doing what is best for himself, from what we can tell, and that's all we can really ask from the guy at this point. Thanks KK!