K2 Limited Edition Iron Maiden Revival Skis

Yeah, way cool. I went to college in Colorado so I spent some time skiing. It was a blast and I miss it (nothing like that out here in southern California). I would have loved to have had a pair of Maiden skis--hey, still would.

Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson";9494850 said:
Yeah, way cool. I went to college in Colorado so I spent some time skiing. It was a blast and I miss it (nothing like that out here in southern California). I would have loved to have had a pair of Maiden skis--hey, still would.
Uhm... you apparently haven't discovered the good stuff here. I'm not saying it's better or worse, rather so. cal. has it's share of tasty days. The trick is catching it when it's good. Another point is the snow types are very different. The Rockies are famous for their fluffy light powder (best in the world I think) whereas the Sierra's have earned their name of Sierra cement. But that's not to say it can't be good. It does have it's good pow days, but much harder to catch and generally short lived. However, the Sierra's are better known for their incredible spring corn. Did you know Mammoth ski resort traditionally opens in November (yes, they're open now) and stays open till July 4th weekend? That last weekend is some of the best skiing all year. So Cal on the other hand, a bit more tricky to catch when good, but when it's good, there's no reason to go anywhere else. Mt. Baldy ski resort is my fav. For anybody that enjoys true diamond runs, that is the place to go, it's not a place for beginners. The other so cal resorts have easier terrain and overrated run difficulty labels. I can give you all kinds of tips for skiing here in cali. The best cali resorts that will compare to Colorado in size and terrain are Mammoth and Tahoe, but the snow will still be different. So in my opinion, you don't have to miss it, it's here. You just need to know where to go and when to go. (I need a skier smiley here!)

Did you know Mammoth ski resort traditionally opens in November (yes, they're open now) and stays open till July 4th weekend? That last weekend is some of the best skiing all year.

I have gone snowboarding in Mammoth on Memorial Day weekend before. It's not crowded, you can wear just a sweatshirt and the snow is nice and soft to wipe out in. :D

One of my friends in Mammoth Lakes just got a job at the resort, so I think I might have to try skiing sometime this year.

Hey Red Shirt,

Thanks for the tips. :) Yeah, it's been many years (more than I care to admit) since I've been skiiing, and it was many years ago when I gave it one shot in southern California. Glad to know there's some good places to go not too far away if/when I pick it up again.