Kalmah's 2004 Demo Songs.

Sep 4, 2007
United States
www.youtube.com
I remember going on Kalmah's website in the year 2004 and listening to some demo samples. There were only two samples that were 1 minute each. The songs were Bitter Metallic Side and Infernal Death (The Groan of Wind). I FINALLY found the same samples on youtube! MANNN, the clips are incredible. I know they are only 1 minute each, but DAMNN, I mean I love the Black Waltz and For The Revolution, but i believe the samples demonstrate what the black waltz would have sounded like if they went the Swampsong direction. Just a thought i though might be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would have been interesting to have seen Kalmah go in that direction with the whole album. Even though I think of the black waltz as my least favorite album now, I like it better the way it turned out rather than the style heard on the demo's.

i love that version of the Groan of Wind. i think it would be cool to hear the whole album under that style.. like do a re release of it.

is it possible to get FULL versions of those?
from ANYWHERE?
wow are they good OR WHAT

I’ve always kept many backups of the 2 original files as those 2 samples brought me to a level of hype and euphoria towards music I had never experienced before. I was also aware that these tiny gems were slowly vanishing from the web.

The feeling I had when I first heard the Black Waltz was like taking an ice cold shower, almost painful. Fortunately, I managed to accept TBW as a different album than the one I had imagined after those samples and I could then appreciate the quality of this 4th release, I could make peace with it.

Judging from you guys appreciation, I realize I may have been selfish not the share those on the internet.... Seriously, I just didn’t want to spread the unpleasant feeling that not having more than 60 seconds of those tracks can lead to.

Both songs sound way better on the album than on those demos. I'm glad they made those changes to the songs.

i would have to slightly disagree. i like bitter metallic side the way it came out but i think that the groan of wind/infernal death both sound amazing. and i could only imagine if they did the old way and added it as a bonus track.