Kamelot news

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
Florida-based KAMELOT have revealed that they will kick off their European headline tour in support of their as-yet-untitled new album this November in The Netherlands. Details will be revealed soon.

The band has also issued the following update:

"We'll be at the NAMM 2012 Convention this year. Come meet Casey, Sean and Thomas at the Intellitouch Booth. We will also be at the booths of ESP Guitars, Pearl Drums, Warwick Basses, Seymour Duncan Pickups and many more of our fantastic supporters."

NAMM 2012 runs from January 19th - 22nd at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA. For complete information and updates go to this location.

Kamelotlogo.jpg

As previously reported, the band is busy working on new songs and continuing to review audition videos for the singer position. “We are getting real close to making a choice, there are some amazingly talented singers out there,” states Kamelot’s bassist Sean Tibbetts. “We are taking our time on this, the vocals for the new album will be done last, like always. So there is no rush to make the decision now.”

Kamelot will return to Gate Studios/Germany this month with Sascha Paeth producing. The production is expected to be several months long and will include special guests, orchestra arrangements and much more. This album will be the follow up to Poetry For The Poisoned. “The new songs are really coming along great, lots of variation, melody and energy,” adds Kamelot’s guitarist Thomas Youngblood. Next live show for Kamelot will be the 70,000 Tons of Metal Cruise in January.

Kamelot recently issued a new video for their song 'Necropolis' which can be seen below. Guitarist Thomas Youngblood commented, “With this video, we gave Owe (director) free reign to create something unique and visually stunning. Him and his team did a fantastic job!”

Wow, they're already at work on a new album? Definitely a change of pace from the gap between the last two albums - Ghost Opera had three or four high-budget music videos over the span of 3 years. Weird how Khan's departure sped things up! A shame too, because I was hoping to see them on the PFTP tour again, even though they only played two songs from it when I saw them back in September.

I liked the direction they went in on PFTP, it's my favorite Kamelot album. I wonder if/hope the new material stays in the same direction, and I'm very interested to see who they choose for the new singer... those are some mighty big shoes to fill, the guy better be able to handle it!

As excited as I am a Europe Kamelot Tour, I can't help feeling it won't be the same without Roy Khan; it is my understanding he co-wrote most of the tracks with Thomas Youngblood. =(

As for a new singer, I'm going to throw a curveball and suggest it's going to be a female vocalist. Given that their last two albums have heavily featured both Amanda Somerville and Simone Simons, its not too far of a stretch to see them having a female lead vocalist. It'll be interesting to see whatever happens!