Kamelot (pics)

kittybeast

Apr 20, 2004
Always Somewhere!
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v127/mzzkatz/KAMELOT/
password is --- metal

Great freakin' show. Vocals were turned down a bit in the beginning but quite the amazing show. Almost got to hear all of the Black Halo. I scored the set list from their soundman :headbang:

Lights
Soul Society
Edge
Center
Moonlight
Abandoned
Forever
Keyboard solo
The Haunting
Memento Mori
Drum solo
Farewell
encore:
March of the Mephisto

Way too much with the backing tracks, IMO.

And another note, I wasn't into the image side of things, from the fauxhawks, to the jumping-up-and-down (not necessarily the band's fault).

Quite good show that notwithstanding....

Yea yea Kamelot!! I played 'The Black Halo' this afternoon! I saw them last year and it was great! Can't wait for the release of their live DVD 'On a Winters Night'.

Great to hear you had fun Kitty and No-Mercy. It really looks like the US metal scene is doing a bit better.

Kamelot's quite possibly the best metal band at the moment, really. Black Halo was awesome and I have ridiculous expectations for the new one, probably to the point where I'm bound to get disappointed no matter the quality of the album. :lol:
The dvd should be good, the director also did Evergrey's dvd and what a piece of art that was...:worship:

Hoping to see Kamelot in concert next spring, they were supposed to play Finland this August but they cancelled it (which was actually just as well, I wouldn't have been able to go anyway).

I just got to look over your Kamelot photos, Kitty. Man, those guys look sweaty! Was it hot in the venue or do they just play their asses off? Or both?

tsorl said:
Kamelot's quite possibly the best metal band at the moment, really. Black Halo was awesome and I have ridiculous expectations for the new one, probably to the point where I'm bound to get disappointed no matter the quality of the album. :lol:
The dvd should be good, the director also did Evergrey's dvd and what a piece of art that was...:worship:
I can't say I'd rank Kamelot as the best metal band at the moment, but they are up there in the list due to quality and consistency over the past half decade or so. I have a feeling they topped out at Black Halo though, it was a fantastic album. I would be (pleasantly) surprised if they could back that album up when it comes to sheer greatness. Therefore, I'll be looking forward to a new album with trepidation. Are they working on a new album?

Definitely looking forward to the new DVD. If the guy from the Evergrey vid put it together, it bodes well for quality. That concert was beautifully shot and produced to the best you can make that band sound...live.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I just got to look over your Kamelot photos, Kitty. Man, those guys look sweaty! Was it hot in the venue or do they just play their asses off? Or both?

very hot in venue and not a lot of air. Interesting you bring this up.... when Pabla and I were at Queenryche at Universal it was the coldest I have ever been at a show. It made me wonder if the headliner stated they wanted the venue to be a certain temp. so they won't be sweating their arses off. I imagine it would be in their tour-rider.