Kamelot show last night... Where were you all?

I finally got a chance to experience to mighty Roy Kahn. Great show.. sound... lights... but too darn much haze! You could have thought the place was burning down. Every once in a while Kahn or Thomas would stand on the very edge of the stage and you could see them clearly. The sound was perfect... not overly loud and very clear. I hate when they punish our ears with too much volume. Thumbs up to the Kamelot sound guy.

Unfortunately, they kept those 6 Mackie lights all to themselves... Lighting was very poor for Scott's new band Mindwarp Chamber and Leaves Eyes.

I will report back once I have had a chance to find my best pics and post the slideshow.

Sorry I didn't see any of you there. Maybe you all saw them last year? The place was packed... I am guessing 3/4 capacity.. and on a Monday night.

Norm

Mindwarp Chamber, you mean? :p

And I would have been there, if I didn't have a morning stats class today. So last night I was where I am now - in Carbondale, wishing I had been at the Kamelot show.

I think Kamelot are ok.
There are tons of better power metal bands.
They have some ok songs, but from the albums I have heard, enough filler to go along. Just my opinion though.

Did they play "Center of the Universe"? That's probably my fav song of theirs.

Normando - I think you answered your own question. They came last year. There are tons of shows going on this year, plus the line-up last night was nothing to write home about.

I think Kamelot are ok.
There are tons of better power metal bands.
They have some ok songs, but from the albums I have heard, enough filler to go along. Just my opinion though.

Did they play "Center of the Universe"? That's probably my fav song of theirs.

Normando - I think you answered your own question. They came last year. There are tons of shows going on this year, plus the line-up last night was nothing to write home about.

Well... Kamelot are one of my favorite bands. They get a bit too mellow at times, but they don't write any songs I would skip over... except for their 20 second little filler tunes with folks humming silly songs, or walking in very crunchy snow, etc... You know the songs I am talking about.

Yes, they played Center of the Universe about 10 songs into their 16 song set and 2 instrumental bits. I would have liked to hear more of their older Fourth Legacy stuff, but I am not complaining... they mixed it up pretty good between their last 4 albums.

I was pleased to see that Powerfest 2008 is scheduled once again for early April. I forgot the exact date, but I am guessing 11-12. Sorry if this is old news, but I haven't been keeping up with the posts lately.

I didn't go to the show because I didn't plan on it. Ray from Eden's Fall actually contacted me yesterday about going, because he had an extra ticket. Not only was I absolutely spent from the Midwest Metal Anthem this weekend, but if I am gonna attend a show at the Pearl Room, I take a half day off of work. No way would I make it down to Mokena in time. Finally, do I really need to remind everyone of the number of shows coming up in the next few weeks? It's ridiculous. I had to pick and choose, and Kamelot did not win.

Glad to hear that the turnout was pretty decent though. :)

Jasonic, I disagree. Most Power Metal bands (even though I love them) sound pretty much sound the same. Kamelot borders on progressive, IMO. So for me, they have an interesting and intelligent sound, that still remains catchy without venturing into the "WTFMUSICWANKERY" that I feel most Prog bands go into (even though I do loves me some prog).

Hey, it's all a matter of opinion.
I just haven't found anything terribly exciting from any of the Kamelot I have heard. I heard their last full length was really good, though I have not heard it.

I agree too that many power metal bands are horrible clones.

Hey, it's all a matter of opinion.
I just haven't found anything terribly exciting from any of the Kamelot I have heard. I heard their last full length was really good, though I have not heard it.

I agree too that many power metal bands are horrible clones.

that goes for any genre from black, thrash, death and doom.