Katagory V 5th album being released

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
For those here in our extended PP family who followed and/or contributed to the (failed) Indiegogo campaign for Katagory V's 5th album last year, and requested a digital-only release after it ended... this is for you - A huge thank you to all here who supported and believed in us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this, Dustin!

I wanted to start this thread myself, but I have no idea how to make YouTube videos appear in posts.

Anywho, for those who can't be bothered to clink on a link, "Resurrect the Insurgence" will be available digitally through katagoryv.bandcamp.com starting May 1st. All of the band's previous albums, including the long out-of-print debut, are already available, so feel free to check it out!

Now I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that enough of you folks will purchase this album to convince us to pull a Jag Panzer and act like we never broke up! A man can dream...

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Excellent! Looking forward to it. I know it must've been a tough pill to swallow to release it this way, but thanks for doing this. I will be purchasing a download for sure.

Yes, it is bitter sweet for two reasons 1.) Considering that in the digital age of the interweb - once it’s out there… it’s out there. The value of a physical release ever being viably economical is highly improbable. 2.) The band no longer exists as a working body to push the album properly.

However… After taking a long break to reflect on several factors over the bands career, setting up my own imprint, AND having certain band members persuading me to reverse my decisions at the behest of those that genuinely wanted to hear the album; I agreed that it was best left to those that have truly wanted to experience it, instead of it sitting in a file on a hard drive under lock & key.

Thanks for being such a strong supporter of the band, this release in a nutshell – is for fans and music lovers like YOU!
:worship::worship::worship:

Sweet! Will be picking this up!

Thanks guys!

Excellent – Thank you! Hope you enjoy it! :kickass:

Thanks for posting this, Dustin!

Now I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that enough of you folks will purchase this album to convince us to pull a Jag Panzer and act like we never broke up! A man can dream...

LOL… stranger things have happened my old friend. :D

FYI, here's how to make YouTube links show up inline on this forum - as the moderator of a different UM board, I spend a lot of time fixing urls :)

- use full youtube.com url, not youtu.be
- don't use 's' in https
- don't include any of the junk after the 10 character ID

(see link below for correct formatting)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOe5-uayEBM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOe5-uayEBM[/ame]

Thanks for all of the support, guys! It's a thrill to know that there are people who want to hear the result of our endeavors, especially since we're so proud of it ourselves. Also, I'd like to thank SeaStorm for the lesson! As Dustin can attest, I'm easily the slowest guy my age with technology.

These next thirteen days can't go by soon enough. I have a new Avengers movie, the Ragnarokkr festival in Chicago, and the release of my favorite recording all in one day!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

This is really good stuff, everyone needs to get it.

Edit: Dustin...why are Marc and Kris smiling? They're the only ones. AND they both play guitar. Are they up to something in that photo? I don't trust smiling guitar players...

Edit: Dustin...why are Marc and Kris smiling? They're the only ones. AND they both play guitar. Are they up to something in that photo? I don't trust smiling guitar players...

As you pointed out my dear… they ARE guitarists after all. Does one really need to explain the nefarious deeds of those two blokes? :lol:

Purchased....and not for just the minimum!

^^THIS guy right here, Thank you Scott! –You are a respectable, honorable and higher class of metal fan for sure. :worship::worship::worship:

I dare anyone else to be cooler than this.

…I double dare.

Well I'm sure Kris is merely thinking of all the chicken and beans he will consume before his next bout of pumping iron, but I don't know about Marc...Everything about him screams "I eat babies." :lol: