Katatonia live in Italy...AGAIN!!!

thanx Jonas for this post! Really great gig last night in bologna.
And best wishes to father Daniel!!

Are we going to see Katatonia in the US anytime this year? I have never seen them and I'm dying to... Last tour was with one of my favorite bands too, Daylight Dies, but I found out about it too late and they didn't come to Fl...

The stand-in drummer extraordinaire we had is none other than Robin Bergh, who has played with Amaran among others. He has also been drum teching for Daniel on numerous gigs. Daniel is now a proud father of yet another baby girl!

heh, that was actually my immediate guess, Katacrew= (secret) rockstars :headbang:

Congrats & sweetest wishes to Daniel and his family!

And thank you Migs for the videos!! Hope they'll continue adding "new" songs to the setlist :)

Robin told me he had an amazing time playing the gig for Katatonia!
Anyone knows if this was the very first time (since Daniel is in the band) that a member has been substituted live?

Regarding the fest, sadly there was no Kata-merch available, but as it was a one-off show and not a "tour" I didn't really expect them to bring shirts or whatelse. Next time...

Anyone knows if this was the very first time (since Daniel is in the band) that a member has been substituted live?

I'd like to know that too! Though I'm pretty sure it must have been the first time. Or maybe I've missed something.
How was he, compared to Daniel?

To me he suited perfectly and he clearly loves all the songs he played. Drum-kit wasn't the one usually played by Daniel, I think maybe it was provided by the location, but it's my guess. However, it was "smaller" and without the Katatonia logo.
Robin had rehearsed with the other guys only a few times to prepare this gig. But they seemed very oiled

Thank you Migs.

Daniel’s Drum kit:
22" base drum
12" Tom
14" + 16" Floor Tom
14" Snare
16" + 17" + 18" Crash
8" + 10" Splash
10" China Splash
16" China
20" Ride

I normally use:
22" base drum
12" Tom
16" Floor Tom
14" Snare
16" + 18" Crash
10" Splash
14" China
20" Ride

A little bit less stuff to play around with, but apart from that we basically have the same setup.
As far as I know, no one has been substituted in the band since I started teching 2004. Katatonia is rock solid lineup and the nicest guys on the planet and they never cancel a show without a very good reason. The baby refused to come out in time for this show so instead of canceling, this emergency solution was executed.
I had a great time in Bologna and enjoyed every second of it!

My congrats to Daniel and the new family member!

/Robin

Congrats Daniel and tks Robin for the killer drumming!
Greetings to all Katatonia guys from da noizemaker girl in the front row... if it wasn't for me :) I had the impression that the audience was very tired instead, anyway... Tks for all the beautiful excerpts from the 'Last fair deal gone down' masterpiece, was glad to hear 'Don't tell a soul' live. And also songs such as 'Consternation' in the opening, 'Follower' or 'In the white' that I never had the chance to hear live. The set-list was AWESOME :kickass:
Gonna watch some live clips right now.