Katatonia Recommendations?

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
I just saw, over in the Opeth forum, that Opeth and Katatonia may tour the US together. Katatonia is one of those bands whose name I always hear, here and there, but who I've never made it a point to check out.

So, where's a good place to start?

I'm also curious as to how this band has evolved, and what the general consensus, among its fanbase, is of their evolution. Thanks for the help.

GZ

Discouraged Ones is a good place to start 'cause it's in the middle. If you like a harsher sound, you may pick previous albums. If you like melodic exploration, check the latest releases.

brave murder day = mikael of opeth on growls, jonas on clean vocals (but only for 1 song and a few bits in others)

Katatonia are if not my favourite band somewhere way up there in the top 3. and i started with Tonights Decision. its £8.99 on a peaceville re-release in the UK, and maybe other places too, so id say its the best to start with. visit www.katatonia.com and check out the samples from each album. dance of december souls and brave murder day have growls, the rest dont...