Katatonia in Paris

Aurélie

New Metal Member
Oct 5, 2001
Paris-France
Yesterday I saw katatonia live in Paris, so it was a rather strange day. Needless to say the show was perfect, nothing could have been better.
Then came Opeth, and anybody who has already seen them live must agree they are really impressive. Not only are the songs excellent, but they are also played a perfect way.
I don't know how long each band played, maybe 45 mn for Katatonia and 1h15 for Opeth...not long enough anyway...

Now about what it felt like seeing them:
I arrived 3 hours before the concert, just to see them. So finally Fredrik arrived and some minutes after I saw the 3 bands. And then I couldn't help crying...certainly because I knew this was temporary and that they would then leave, maybe also because I was tired. Everybody in the public seemed very happy, and in a way I was too, but I had been waiting for them for too long. I didn't think I would see them one day, that was a kind of aim for me. Now they're gone and there's nothing left to wait for. I'm sure that if I listened to Katatonia now I would cry. I know that can sound stupid... But does anybody feel the same about seeing Katatonia?
I tried to go and thank Fredrik, that I saw after the concert, but I didn't dare to. But that's what I owe to the band, a deep thank you for been what they are, they're for me much more than my favourite band.
Well, that's all, for those who are soon going to see them, enjoy!

Originally posted by Aurélie
. And then I couldn't help crying...certainly because I knew this was temporary and that they would then leave, maybe also because I was tired.

i like that ''maybe because i was tired '' line :D do you know what songs they played? yay, thanks for the first review. anyway, im so happy this week seems to be going fast, im getting nearer to the 4th. :D

Well, I waited for some hours so maybe that changed the way I felt about seeing them...
About the playlist...I'm not sure I can remember all the songs, now it seems to me they played all their songs!
Here's what I can remember:
Stalemate- Teargas – Deadhouse - March 4 - Cold ways - Tonight's music - Chrome - For my demons - Sweet nurse - The future of speech - Murder
One or two are missing, there may have been Nerve too, sorry!

Enjoy this week, before is always better than after!:)

Originally posted by Aurélie

Stalemate- Teargas – Deadhouse - March 4 - Cold ways - Tonight's music - Chrome - For my demons - Sweet nurse - The future of speech - Murder

they played I am nothing !
it was the last song before the encore (who was murder)
and maybe one more ...

Katatonia has played 1h,Opeth 1h30 and Novembre (great band, i didn't know them) 30mn

it was Deadhouse
the 4 first songs were :
Deadhouse
Teargas
Stalemate
March4

don't remember the order of the others ...

Yes, sorry...
They played Distances, Come Pierrot, Flowers, Nostalgiaplatz and another one from Novembrine Waltz.
And that was great of course...

they played the future of speech, yay, i suppose i think i was hoping too much that Mikael would play a song with Katatonia (preferably Brave) but sounds great anyway, the Katatonia set seems simillar to when i saw them earlier this year, and im still gonna love it lots, i could listen to the same set over and over and not get bored! :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: