KATATONIA: Sanctitude

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
KATATONIA RELEASE “DAY” VIDEO FROM UPCOMING SANCTITUDE CONCERT FILM

Swedish masters of melancholy, Katatonia, have released a live video for “Day”, from their upcoming concert film, Sanctitude, to be released in North America on March 31st (March 30th UK, RoW, April 3rd Germany) via Kscope.

Sanctitude was filmed and recorded in the stunning, candle-lit setting of London's Union Chapel during Katatonia's May 2014 Unplugged & Reworked tour - an intimate acoustic evening performing tracks from the Dethroned & Uncrowned album alongside atmospheric classics from the band's entire career, stripped and reworked. The 80 minute set features 17 songs across the albums The Great Cold Distance, Viva Emptiness, Brave Murder Day, Last Fair Deal Gone Down, Dead End Kings and Dethroned & Uncrowned, including fan favorite, "Teargas." The show closes with the sublime "The One You Are Looking For Is Not Here" and a special guest appearance by Norwegian vocalist Silje Wergeland of Dutch legend, The Gathering. The band was also joined on guitar and vocals by The Pineapple Thief frontman and songwriter, Bruce Soord.

Trailer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait for this. Sound quality is amazing, closed my eyes listening. Had a chance to see them live once and only once. Hope in the future, they will be back in my area.

An amazing recording.

Anyone who has been introduced to Anathema because of prog power and loved what they heard should definitely check out Katatonia next.

I listened to this in full last night as I was doing some work at home. It is breathtakingly good. I could listen to Jonas Renske croon all night, he's that strong. All other instruments are flawless in execution as well.

I listened to this in full last night as I was doing some work at home. It is breathtakingly good. I could listen to Jonas Renske croon all night, he's that strong. All other instruments are flawless in execution as well.

yeah, he has an amazing voice. Have you heard his work on the project Wisdom of Crowds?

fantastic album

Last edited by a moderator: