Katatonia - TGCD song survivor Round 1

Your _least_ favourite song on TGCD and its extra songs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Haha, I like this! I have an Opeth song competition at the Opeth forums but I used a more complex approach there.

But yeah, I like this kinda shit - it's always fun to see what the MAJORITY thinks and always cool to debate about it afterward. Though, so long as there are no flames errupting haha.

My vote goes towards The Itch. An ok song. It was hard to choose between The Itch and Consternation for LEAST fave.

The lyrics on TGCD aren't emo, no way...they are reflective and bitter as fuck, even the lyrics for ''In the white'' are far from emo, even though they are crappy.

Hehe, take it back! Take it back!!!! In the White has the greatest damn lyrics on the album.

Did you not hear me?

Don't vote for the fucking Itch. Haha

Not to mention, who the hell voted for Rusted and July? They need to be kicked in the shins....hard.

Did you not hear me?

Don't vote for the fucking Itch. Haha

Not to mention, who the hell voted for Rusted and July? They need to be kicked in the shins....hard.

:lol:

Yeah, I've read it...sorry. I have to be honest here - that was definitely my least fave of the bunch, but doesn't mean I hate it completely either.

But yes, I agree with you about the Rusted and July - :erk: wtf?

Why is Displaced up there twice?

My vote goes to The Itch. Great song, but if I was going to pick the weakest track of the album that would be the one.

I'm glad this a place where even the diehard fans aren't so un objective
that their obsession for the band dosn't stop them from admitting to minor critisms of the band or at least admitting the odd rare song they don't like much. That's not the case for many diehards or strong fans for other bands or solo artists
People don't tend to lose the plot (often) when critisms are made others don't agree with (in general)

BUt I must say is not this a fan site?

We have already had a Least favourite song thread
followed by these threads which are the same but in the form of a poll and aimed at being the process of elimination

Now if I predict what happens is;
Right now people are slamming We must bury you;
but after that the second least fav song -- so there will debates about that etc - tempers will rise and stuff and so on will in short
basically a poll has been created where potentially 80% of the Kat songs from this album and LFDGD are bound to be slammed as people are trying to work out what their least song is
even as it gets harder towards the top to compare one song to another will mean petty & trivial critisms of songs to explain why that song falls in say top 4 but never the top

My main point is alot of critisms of Kat material for the official Forum site will emerge, well has already

I think it's great that most the people here can critize Katatonia, and in a civilised way. Out of a 100 Kata songs I would like 97, so it's not like anyone should take any offense. If this forum would become as fanboy-ish as say, Opeth's, there would be no need for me to be here. Discussion demands positive as well as negative views to be worth having.

And I will never engage in heated discussions about one song or the other. Hopefully people are distanced enough to themselves to see that this is a matter of _opinions_. If your favourite song gets knocked out, so what? It's still there on the CD ain't it?