KATATONIA: The Fall Of Hearts

ok so I haven't listened to Katatonia since their early doomy days (Brave Murder Day was the one I had) so after they were announced I had to check them out again.

Guys. This album. It has the feels. If their previous albums are even close to as good as Fall of Hearts I am going to have a hell of an entertaining year prepping for this show. Seriously, just based on listening to this one twice I already know that this is going to be my most anticipated performance at PP18.

Reactions: NorseBlood
ok so I haven't listened to Katatonia since their early doomy days (Brave Murder Day was the one I had) so after they were announced I had to check them out again.

Guys. This album. It has the feels. If their previous albums are even close to as good as Fall of Hearts I am going to have a hell of an entertaining year prepping for this show. Seriously, just based on listening to this one twice I already know that this is going to be my most anticipated performance at PP18.

Fall of Hearts is a great album but its definitely not the best of the post death doom era. So you have an amazing discography to discover.

Fall of Hearts is a great album but its definitely not the best of the post death doom era. So you have an amazing discography to discover.

I agree, if you love Fall of Hearts then you will love the rest of the discs. I'd start with The Great Cold Distance then Night Is the New Day. After that everyone has their personal favorite and mine are Viva Emptiness and Last Fair Deal Gone Down. Dead End Kings isn't bad, it just didnt appeal to me the way the others did.

after listening to Night is the New Day I'm finding that I feel like their songs are too short. They all have these wonderful buildups that give them this grand scope but then end without giving the listener any sense of resolution or closure. Maybe this is intentional.

KATATONIA ANNOUNCE FALLEN HEARTS OF NORTH AMERICA 2017 TOUR; CASPIAN, UNCURED TO SUPPORT

katatoniatournov.jpg

March
16 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
17 - Cleveland, OH - Agora
18 - Pittsburgh, PA - Mr. Smalls
19 - Charlotte, NC - The Underground
21 - St. Petersburg, FL - State Theatre
23 - New Orleans, LA - Republic
24 - Houston, TX - Scout Bar
25 - Austin, TX - Grizzly Hall
26 - Dallas, TX - Gas Monkey Bar & Grill
28 - Mesa, AZ - Club Red
29 - Los Angeles, CA - El Rey Theatre
31 - Pomona, CA - The Glass House

April
1 - San Francisco CA - Slim's
3 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theatre
4 - Seattle, WA - Studio Seven
5 - Vancouver, BC - Venue
7 - Calgary, AB - The Gateway
8 - Edmonton, AB - Starlite Room
10 - Salt Lake City, UT - The Complex
11 - Denver, CO - Summit Music Hall
12 - Lincoln, NE - Bourbon Theatre
14 - Minneapolis, MN - Fine Line
15 - Chicago, IL - Metro
16 - Detroit, MI - Majestic Theater
17 - Toronto, ON - The Opera House
19 - Montreal, QC - Club Soda
20 - Philadelphia, PA - The TLA
21 - New York, NY - Irving Plaza

Tickets go sale on December 2nd. Go here to purchase.

So glad Kata is playing ProgPower. State Theater is a fucking shithole. Sound is almost always terrible there too.