Katatonia this Friday

I hate when people mosh/surf at shows where it doesn't even make sense... like Katatonia. If you go see Dark Angel or Municipal Waste or something, it's a different story. If you don't want moshers and divers, don't go. But for Katatonia, Opeth, Symphony X, etc., DON'T FUCKING MOSH.

Well yeah there are some bands that you would expect to see people moshing to, for example if I went to a Slayer concert I would stay the F off the floor by the stage cause you know there's some crazy pit going to bust out, however at the Katatonia show it was the same 6 people that tried to do the mosh thing and only succeeded in pissing people off.
I spilled half my Heineken for f*ck's sake!

The best thing to do with crowd surfers is take thier shoe off and drop it on the floor so they cant find it....beleive me...that teaches them a lesson. Or push them so that they fall and get hurt. That will also teach them a lesson.

See, I'm mean, but not that mean. I'm not out to actually hurt someone, but if they happen to bounce a few times on the way down... ah well. Really, the best way I've ever dealt with an idiot crowd surfer was to reach up and unzip her backpack as she was passed along. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid...

No. Fuck that. I have a right to enjoy myself, just as the defenders of moshing say moshers do.

Well yeah, but when it's expected, you shouldn't complain about it. I'm not saying it was "expected" at the Katatonia show, cause moshing to Katatonia is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. I remember when I saw Opeth in 2005, people moshed during the "heavy" part of Face of Melinda. wtf :ill:

And yeah Jasonic, I was at that show, if you're talking about at HOB in 2006. I remember that. Sonata isn't for moshing either.

Speaking of Sonata, who's going on Friday?

Us older guys could tell you mosh pit stories you would not believe.
Metal shows, esp thrash gigs, were heavily attended by skinheads, who were primarily there to start fights in the pit.

The most disgusting sight I have ever laid eyes on was the men's bathroom at the Aragon Ballroom, following a Slayer gig on the South of Heaven tour. I have NEVER seen so much blood!!!

While there are some boneheads now who go to "mosh", shows aren't anywhere near as violent as they used to be.

Well yeah, but when it's expected, you shouldn't complain about it. I'm not saying it was "expected" at the Katatonia show, cause moshing to Katatonia is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. I remember when I saw Opeth in 2005, people moshed during the "heavy" part of Face of Melinda. wtf :ill:

And yeah Jasonic, I was at that show, if you're talking about at HOB in 2006. I remember that. Sonata isn't for moshing either.

Speaking of Sonata, who's going on Friday?

I am going on friday. looking for someone to meet up with?

I'm gonna be there with a bunch of my friends (probably 6-10), but maybe I'll see you there. We plan on getting down there early since none of us have school on Friday.

Really? I don't really like them on CD, but they might be better live. That's the case with most power metal I don't like, it seems.

edit: And for the record, most of my friends that will be in attendance are out of high school already. Me, however... :(