kayo dot in new york on saturday:

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
Enablers, Red Sparowes, Made Out Of Babies, Daughters, Torche, Kayo Dot

starts at 8:30 supposedly...kayo dudes, what time do you think you'll be arriving in the city, and what time do you think you'll be playing? i definitely want to see daughters and enablers and possibly others, but some friends are working 'til later and I don't want to have them come if you guys are playing at 9.

also if you want to grab dinner, or see my apartment, or whatever let me know. if you're short on cash maybe i'd even cook for you!

p.s. i didn't offer to buy you dinner at a restaurant but i'll go out to one with you. or i will cook for you on my dime.

jake, can you tell me about torche, red sparrowes, and made out of babies? do you have indieworkshop reviews?

if you guys are playing that early i don't think jenna or aysha will be able to come FYI. oh well.

yeah, there are reviews for Torche (amazing album that you SHOULD get) and Red Sparrowes (members of Isis, Neurosis... i thought it was a little boring, but the kids dig them). Made out of Babies is on Nuerot, girl fronted band that... is kinda odd. steph has it in her pile to review, so no review for that yet.

Jake, can you post links to the reviews? I can't access indieworkshop.com's main page from work because of stupid blocking. (I can't access UM's main page either, but I googled the forum and bookmarked its page).

OT: is this a buy tickets in advance type affair? i know cmj is really huge, but this sounds like a sort of nerdy corner of it. but new york is really big. there are many nerds...

wow, this guy i know called me this week and invited me to see a band called kayo dot on sunday in boston. maybe ill go to that instead. but only if i go to nyc tonight instead to catch this adorabel beatles-esque group, the high strung, i saw yesterday at this show no one went to in new haven. i dont think its a date though, i think hes taken, but lets pretend not just for the sake of having a story about a guy asking a girl out to kay dot?

i'm lounging around the house doing schoolwork and i began to wonder what the chances are that greg is going to be wearing the same shirt (the arctopus robotic skull) that i'm wearing right now.

would that be an indie-metal faux pas?