Uhh... Maudlin of the Well / Kayo Dot.. This should be obvious but I need closure.

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
Yeah... so I love Maudlin of the well. Used to hate em but I finally broke into the style of music and I love their CDs, got them on reissue... from dark symphonies... for $8 each... but yeah... here's the question.

What is the relation between Maudlin of the Well, and Kayo Dot? Did MOTW die and the members joined kayo dot or what!? I figured it's probably something like that but I didn't want to guess. I want someone who knows for sure to let me know. And I am trying to cook dinner and write this and my foods burning so AHHH HELP MEEEEE ok thanks. :kickass:

Oh and what do fans of MOTW/KayoDot think of Rainwound?
If you have time to check it out.. let me know. :)

You'll HAVE to listen to it on MySpace. Only place with full songs.
http://www.myspace.com/rainwound

-B

Wikipedia page? Hmmm... Why didn't I think of that before. But seriously Wikipedia doesn't always have accurate info, it is wiki after all which means anyone and everyone can edit it...

But yeah.... *goes to check it out!*

I wouldn't say they're not good. The production suffers, especially on the guitar distortion aspect, and the drum programming could be more varied but there's definately a skill in orchestration and a good sense of pacing there. Oinkness, what software are you working with? If it's a Sonar/Cubase whatever variant, get and use Native Instruments Guitar Rig 2 for guitars. Go from guitar to a decent distortion pedal (don't depend on GR2 to do good heavy metal distortion. You need an external pedal), and from that direct to line in, and emulate the amps in GR2. That's the least expensive (and most illegal) way to get guality guitar sound in your bedroom. Use NSkit (google it, it's free) and Battery or some supported variant plugin to track your drums. It'll be a while before you can get good sound all-around doing it all in your bedroom, but don't give up.

I would say they're not good.

edit: and how the hell does one acquire a "rainwound" anyway? that doesn't seem very metal.

haha awesome edit by ian

xfer is clearly not talking about my shower

(non)edit: jk, actually, at the new place the shower pressure is pretty great, and we have our own laundrey. everything else is a fucking disaster though.