Least favourite song(-s) by maudlin of the Well, Kayo Dot and Toby Driver?

no offence but toby is a much better singer nowadays than when that was recorded, and greg (and I'm sure the other guys) are much better musicians. (I just know recent greg stuff the most).

I completely whole-heartedly AGREE!

Fruit Psychobells is an album of amazing songwriting, although not perfect instrumental skill and not very good production. It would be a real pleasure for the fans to hear a completely different re-recording!

I don't know if this is even possible, but Mister Toby, that would be absolutely earth-shattering!

Logistically speaking, it might be tricky to gather everyone up from around the nation, but if there were a substantial enough recording budget to fly people in, rehearse for a week, and then record, this could happen any time. Realistically, I would estimate a budget for that at around $12,000 not including manufacturing costs (and that's just to cover expenses without anyone involved getting any financial benefit at all). So getting an idea like that to actually materialize is fairly difficult.

Yeah, not too many underground groups could afford that. Would it be possible though to re-release it as a Kayo Dot album, so that the record company would support as well?

Still, I stand by my words - Fruit Psychobells has some amazingly written music, that doesn't deserve to be unknown. Most motW fans I have met outside UM simply haven't had the chance to hear the album!

I would assume when you mention flying people, you're referring to the musicians who played on the album? I can understand reasons why the original artists should remake their own album, but what if you just had the current Kayo lineup do it?

Yes, yes, I know that there are only, what...two members that have carried over from My Fruit to current Kayo Dot. However, using the current members, it's far more likely to happen, economically speaking...also, everyone can put their own personality into the previously recorded parts, so it'll sound like the original, but feel a little different. Maybe even add some things that might help the songs, or change things...after you've had about ten years to dwell on the material.