KAYO DOT tour update w/ an interesting bit of info about LA...

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
an update from the road...

on Nov.14th, Kayo Dot is playing that afternoon show in Los Angeles with Green Milk From The Planet Orange

and

they have just added a show at the Knitting Factory for that night.

they will be opening for "some guy--look at the KF website" and the show will be very strange. apparently he has a complicated stage setup and a whole bunch of other stuff, so...

Kayo Dot will be playing under a different name (the road-madness induced band laughingly told me it might be "THE HOT DOG EATERS" but who knows if that's true), playing a set of new, strange songs they're writing on the road, playing with very little equipment, and playing rather quietly.

it could suck, or it could be pretty awesome. it's a toss-up! and should be a fun show. i bet it's going to be cool.

here's what the KF website says (there are three spaces in the same club, I guess):

Main w/skySun, Nov 148:00 PM FREE SHOW Moktezoom and special guests Alterknit LoungeSun, Nov 148:00 PM
$5.00 From Ireland: ITO Sun, Nov 149:00 PM
$5.00 Mi'Chel Sun, Nov 1410:00 PM
$5.00 The Balls Front RoomSun, Nov 147:30 PM
$10.00 RECORD RELEASE SHOW Brian Woodbury Variety Orchestra, Double Naught Spy Car

sooo if I had to guess I'd say they're maybe playing with Moktezoom?

anyway, i'm going to try to shuffle some plans so I can go!

Oh my, two Kayo Dot shows IN THE SAME DAY!? I didn't realize the first show was in the afternoon.

I'm so excited to see Kayo Dot TWICE in the same day. Also, I'm really drunk. Whee.

top2.jpg