Kemper Jamming

Siriun

Apr 24, 2012
With everyone purchasing Kempers for their studios, and to track bands and the likes, I wanted to know what people thought about the Kemper? I'm talking about just turning on a profile and jamming it out. For writing riffs, bullshitting, practicing, etc. I know as far as profile matching it's extremely close.

But, I guess my question is for those of you who just like to turn on the kemper and use it to jam/practice with to have multiple amps to choose from. Are there those of you out there who spend a lot of time just shredding on this thing vs. recording and re-amping for the majority of the time?

I would imagine it's got to be pretty fun to be able to just switch between amps that sound more realistic in setups. And with all the profiles to be able to play x amp and any given time must be pretty fun. What do you guys think?:Smokin:

Can you actually add a TS to an amp profile on the kemper? I mean, isn't there a setting in there that you can activate a TS in front of the amp? If so, I don't see why profiling without a front end boost would be that big of big deal.

It has an onboard TS model but I don't think it sounds as good as having a real TS in front of the amp. When I have profiles that didn't have the TS in front of the amp, unless I'm just jamming for fun, I use the "Loop Dist" block and use that to put my physical OD808 in front of the profile.