Kemper test

Splat88

Jan 31, 2006
Vegas
I laid down some new ideas tonight with the Kemper and Lasse's rig pack, and I just can't say enough good things about the work he put into it. Anyway, I'm digging this new tone and I hope you do as well. Deizel pack on the left and 5150 on the right with an Ibanez 7 string with a Blaze humbucker.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/868701/New%20Song%20101713.mp3

And here's the same mix with the 5150 panned left and right as the main guitars with the Diezel blended in left and right a few dbs lower.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/868701/New%20Song%20101713.%205150.mp3

Nice work! I think I'm preferring the tone on the right a touch more. Seems mid-scooped in the right place, and opens the mix up a bit. Have you tried dual tracking with just the 5150 tone? Or maybe a quad with the diezel and peavey blended mmmmm...

Nice work! I think I'm preferring the tone on the right a touch more. Seems mid-scooped in the right place, and opens the mix up a bit. Have you tried dual tracking with just the 5150 tone? Or maybe a quad with the diezel and peavey blended mmmmm...

The 5150 is a better sounding sounding profile when solo'd but I do like the sound of both combined. Parts of this are quad tracked so ill just pan one 5150 the other way and see how that goes. The quad guitars are quite low in volume by comparison.

Really nice man!

Like Ermz said, I'd love to hear them panned 5150 L&R and use the other amp mixed in L&R.

I love my Kemper. Hands down the best thing I've bought in a long time.

Really love your snare sound too. I love the crack of the undersnare you're getting. Really clear, but snappy without getting piercing.

Yeah there's a little fizz that could be dealt with. There's actually zero filtering or eq on this sample, just direct from the Kemper into a Focusrite Forte. I didn't record DI tracks on purpose so I could prevent myself from reamping in the future and wasting time. The sound is "good enough!"

I added a new link to the original post with the 5150 profile panned left and right with the Diezel mixed in underneath. Its just a tad more scooped overall. I think both sounds work very well.

New clip is better!

I think 'no processing' could be a bit of a stretch. They're great tones, but they still have the fizz and midrange cloud you get from raw amps. Some notching of that 5-6kHz speaker fizz and 600hz cardboard mid would open the mix up.

Great song btw. Love how your music flows.

New clip is better!

I think 'no processing' could be a bit of a stretch. They're great tones, but they still have the fizz and midrange cloud you get from raw amps. Some notching of that 5-6kHz speaker fizz and 600hz cardboard mid would open the mix up.

Great song btw. Love how your music flows.

Thank you Ermz! I haven't gotten around to EQing the guitars quite yet because the song is not quite done. There's a 30 or so second intro before where this clip starts. Once all that is done I'm going to dive in with the fine tuning and record a tighter bass guitar performance. The EQ recommendations you give sound like just what the doctor ordered.