Kemper thorugh tube poweramp and cabinet

Whoa big difference. Not so much when the poweramp isnt in the equation, but yeah. Great post bc I was possibly gonna move to using one live with a poweramp.

Quite a big difference with the whole-rig profile into the poweramp return, but it still sounds good, just needs a bit of additional EQ. I'd use either of them and be fairly happy with it. But the preamp only version does sound the best, and I would opt for that if I had it.

I'm wondering how it would compare when going through another poweramp though.

I'm wondering how it would compare when going through another poweramp though.

I played it through Mesa 50/50 and E840/50 but the best tone was with the Savage's poweramp. The worse, the Mesa poweramp.

I think I will use the Kemper mainly for studio and recordings and the Savage for live as I did in the last few years. I havent found any profile or preset that sounds better than the Savage.

crilleman said:
Sounds good. Just an observation all kemper comparison clips i've heard the Kemper always seems a tad bit brighter then the real amp, not in a bad way but anyways..

You are right, gain is a little crispier or grainier -fuck, it is difficult to define sounds-, not as dense as the amp itself.
I also noticed more low end, in a bad way. Palm mutes get of control in low frequencies. The good thing is that the Kemper has many EQs to tame this things. Anyway, all you can hear in the video is raw as hell, nothing has been tweaked at all.

Great test dude. The real amp comes through nicer, which is a bitch. Preamp model is bloody close though. As I've found with axe and kemper a slight loss of punch. Usually a loss you're willing to take though.