Kerrang Mag Review Lionheart

saxon747rock

Oct 19, 2003
york
Visit site
KKKK

Indesructible rock war lords click back into top gear.

Stalwarts of british metal for 25 years, saxon have never lost their core fan base, but mainstream recognition has often been thin on the ground.
All that should, but probably wont change with Lionheart, easily the bands best album since their early 80s heyday and a thoroughly modern slab of proper metal.
starting with the feral Witchfinder General, this sounds like the spirited work of 20- somethings rather then paunchy middle-aged men. riffs scythe, kick drums pummel and frontman biff byford delivers the performance of a lifetime, screeching, howling and nailing every melody with heart-warming vigour. saxon rule, kids.

By dom lawson - Kerrang

That was precisely my first thought Pax !

If they do a live review though, wht odds two paragraphs (total) made up of sarcasm stating that Saxon aren't relevant anymore????

A positive review from Kerrang! :confused: This means the Astoria will be packed out by people wearing big trousers on 2nd October. Curses!!

AAARRGGGHHHH !!! :erk: :yuk: HUGE BIG BAGGY TROUSERS WITH TASSLES AND HOOPS?RINGS !!! haha! (i'm 36 and tassles and tent trousers don't appeal to me!!! :yuk: haha!)........well i will be there at the Astoria 2nd oct . in jeans or camo combats ! - SAXON ARE BACK !!!! I last saw them in Basingstoke(my home town) in 95/96 "the dogs of war tour", so i'm looking forward to seeing them again! Lionheart rocks ! I like it more than the last album Killing ground ! which was good album.......... i'm hoping to get a Lionheart album cover T shirt ! at the gig ! i'm listening to all my saxon stuff this week :) and brainwashing meself potty ! :tickled: see you there ...... "NEVER SURRENDER" ! :headbang:

nightwar said:
I've gotta admit, I gave up buying Kerrang in the Nineties!
What's the problem with it these days? Is it all Limp Biscuit and stuff?
hi ! i also stopped buying kerrang in the '90's it became too self important and started to slag off the bands that made rock great! ( like saxon) all it seem to be intrested in was grunge- Nirvana and post nirvana stuff ! classic rock and metal just got slagged off all the time ! I only used to buy it for Metallica news and Iron Maiden news..............so thanks to the internet i can now keep well informed on rock now without having to but any magazines !. and to be honest , this " nu metal " thing is a joke ! i can't see it having the longivity like classic rock ! ( maybe i'm just an old duffer at 36 ! haha! )
tata !

Well, let's just say he was no friend of Saxon's but then Saxon are still about and who remembers Chris Watts, eh (other than me obviously)?

I'm a die hard SAXON fan from mumbai, India, and I could kill to see Saxon live at least once in this lifetime, and there is a huge following of like minded fans who are starved of good LIVE f@$king metal :hotjump: . All this despite the lack of air time dedicated to good metal here!! Since Saxon are once again touring just hope that they make it to India at least for one show in mumbai or bangalore.
......maybe just a brief stopover after the dubai gig...

Long live SAXON!!!!!! :headbang:

HASH HEAD said:
I'm a die hard SAXON fan from mumbai, India, and I could kill to see Saxon live at least once in this lifetime, and there is a huge following of like minded fans who are starved of good LIVE f@$king metal :hotjump: . All this despite the lack of air time dedicated to good metal here!! Since Saxon are once again touring just hope that they make it to India at least for one show in mumbai or bangalore.
......maybe just a brief stopover after the dubai gig...

Long live SAXON!!!!!! :headbang:

hope your dreams will come through Hash Head you people deserve this great band... but watch out for the fake saxon!!! Promisse me? Saxon :Spin: Management lay some contacts over there, please!