Kevin Smith has finally redeemed himself...

General Zod said:
Just out of curiosity, what constitutes "redeeming value"?

First, this is a difficult concept to address because it's probably something that has a pretty subjective connotation from person to person. Anyway, as it relates to my point here, I just mean that it felt like Kevin Smith was reaching beyond simple escapism in the Clerks movies and getting serious about his craft, trying to create something that has an impact on you beyond laughter. (And like I said, based on much of the dialogue in Dogma, that movie comes close as well, it just seemed like Smith tried too hard to make sure his trademark elements were prevalent - for me at least).

General Zod said:
What should have been handled differently?

In a nutshell, less zanyness & over the top moments, more meaningful dialogue.

I loved the philosophy of the angels' relationship with God, the church's attempt to modernize it's message, Behany's dilemma.....

....but then you have Golgothan shit demons? Jay and Silent Bob as prophets descending from the sky screaming "Snooch to the motherfucking nooch"? (though Silent Bob's heroics on the train were fucking hilarious) Chris Rock as the 13th Apostle with "nigga attitude" proclaiming Jesus was black? Alanis Morrisette as God? Ben Affleck flying around dropping everyone from the sky?

Funny? Yes. And I have no problem at all with Smith's brand of comedy laced with satire, it just didn't seem to work as a whole for me in this film, probably because the subject manner was an important one to me and I just felt he could've toned it down a little. (not to an insane degree, believe me, I know this is Kevin Smith and over the top is his middle name after all). Anyway, for whatever reason the sum of the whole didn't work for me, but there were more than enough individual parts to entertain me.

FYI, Clerks II is PLENTY excessive throughout, yet for some reason it just hits all the right notes for me.

Just saw this. First half sucked hard. The donkey show, the Buffalo Bill mimicking by Jay, the Lord of the Rings impersonations by Randall, and no less than three references to C.H.U.D.s made it enjoyable. Not a great film, not even really a good one, but plenty watchable.

Clerks is a masterpiece, Chasing Amy and Dogma are not far behind. Mallrats blows outside of Banky (has anyone seen the original beginning to this movie? :yuk: * :puke: ), Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was perfectly moronic fun for fans, and Jersey Girl was crap.

This movie was fucking hysterical. Did anybody whip their wang out to Rosario Dawson as she got all curious about the Donkey Show? Not saying that I did, I just want to know if anyone did is all.

I've grown from slight enjoyment to yes I'll be purchasing the DVD when it gets released over the past week. The Lord of the Rings v. Star Wars bit was ace.

The King Diamond song came on I was like HELL YEAH!!!, I love Them thats such a grreat album. Second only to Abigail. Clerks 2 was def. kick ass. I was kinda hoping that Randall would all of the sudden side swipe Dante in the go carts and send him flying into the wall. Did that to a buddy of mine when no one was looking and I laughed about it for days. He was stuck there for two laps.

dill_the_devil said:
I'm definitely more curious to see this now. Alexander was notable mainly for Rosario Dawson's norks getting an airing.

hawt

78182_rosario_dawson_1.jpg

Shes's apparantly Native American/ Irish/ Afro-Cuban/ Puerto Rican...what a mix!!! I love her hershey kiss like nips. Her ape like facial characteristics make me want to tame her like a zoo animal.

dill_the_devil said:
I'm definitely more curious to see this now. Alexander was notable mainly for Rosario Dawson's norks getting an airing.
brb gotta go rent alexander

seriously i think i love her, she was beyond hot in sin city :worship:

Reign in Acai said:
Shes's apparantly Native American/ Irish/ Afro-Cuban/ Puerto Rican...what a mix!!! I love her hershey kiss like nips. Her ape like facial characteristics make me want to tame her like a zoo animal.

Ehhhs hes okay if you like that sort of monkey look. Shes not bad, but nothing I would put in my top 5 or even top 50.